Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crazy Horse Campground
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Gordo;
Is the campground at the regatta site or is it some distance away? ie: If you are camping can you walk to the beach launch area?

I'm considering coming down to assist with your race committee. Is there a need for R.C. volunteers? Is it true the H16 is now a 3 day prior event and not during the NA's? I thought maybe I could race my H16 and stay to help with R.C. duties....just not sure right now.

Thanks Gordo...looks like it's very well organized! :D

"Work Hard, Play Hard, Respect People & Love your Family"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

The 16s will race all five days - Monday-Friday - same as the North American Championships.

Here's the layout of the racing areas:

The Crazy Horse Campground is on the north side of the island (where the arrow is for Alpha / Bravo Beach). The Tigers, 20s and FX-Ones will be on the Alpha Course. 17s, 18s and Waves will be on the Bravo Course. Everybody else (including the 16s) will be on the Charlie Course.

The "home base" for Charlie course is the Nautical Inn, right by the "P" in Pittsburg Point. The Charlie beach will probably be much closer to the hotel.

It's about a 2 mile drive from one beach to the other. We realize this is a logistical challenge and Bridget is working on alternatives to actually driving back and forth (like a shuttle bus).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Take that beach sailor!

god I'm bored...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Ok that is very well thought out. Will the activities be together...or separate. Also, would you rather have a 16 racer or a volunteer? Karl...just go to bed.

"Work Hard, Play Hard, Respect People & Love your Family"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:50 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

CycloneCat wrote:
Ok that is very well thought out. Will the activities be together...or separate. Also, would you rather have a 16 racer or a volunteer? Karl...just go to bed.

I really can't speak to that, since that's Briget's ball of wax - and not all the activities have been planned yet. It's my understanding that all the major parties are together. The Nautical Inn has the banquet rooms and the restaurant/bar overlooking the lake. That's going to be home base.

That's not to say there won't be some grillin' and chillin' over at the campground.

At this point, I'm going to say we'd rather have a racer than a volunteer - we've got most of the RC boats lined up, and we are working on manning them with locals. To give you an idea of the scope of this - we will have upwards of 50 volunteers on the water, every day for 6 days straight (includes the practice day). That doesn't count the people on the beach.

However, I reserve the right to change my mind . . . :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Rick Buchanan put this together that shows where everything is.

My directions to the Nautical Inn were a little off. It's just to the right of where the Charlie circle intersects the island. It's not quite as far, either - only about 1.5 miles.