Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hurricane Gulch Regatta
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Does anyone know what is going on with the Memorial Day Regatta in Hurricane Gulch CA this coming weekend? I am interested in attending but all my attempts at contacting anyone who knows whats going on have come up empty. I can't wait to get out there and race but I need to know where to go and figure out a place to stay down there.

Matt G
Hobie 16 SN#1960
Burbank CA
[email protected]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Here's an email that's been going around the division. Any questions, feel free to contact me directly and I'll try to put you in touch with someone. Hope to see you on the water...
davedixon
@hotmail.com

>Greetings fellow sailors,
>
>I thought it would be helpful to summarize the responses to some questions that I have receive regarding the Hurricane Gulch (aka: ABYC Memorial Day Regatta) coming up this weekend. As with previous years the Alamitos Bay Yacht Club (ABYC) facilities will be available to all regatta participates starting on Friday morning though Sunday. The official Notice of Race and entry form is attached.
>
>Overnight Camping
>Overnight RV (self contained) camping will be allowed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at the Claremont Ramp.
>
>
>Registration
>For those of you who chose to launch out of Claremont Ramp there will be a registration table set up at Claremont ramp on Saturday morning from 8 am to 10 am. You may also register at ABYC starting on Friday.
>Trophies will be based on the number of pre-registed boats for a particular class with one trophy for every 5 boats pre-registered, therefore, please pre-register if at all possible!
>There must be 5 boats per class to have a separate start. With that said there will be class starts for the A-Cats, Formula 18 Class (Hobie Tiger, Nacra F18, ect), Hobie 16 A, Hobie 16 B (provided that 5 boats register as 16 B otherwise they will be started with the 16 A class) and possibly Hobie 20s should 5 boats register. There will be a multihull open class start (Portsmouth Class) for classes that are unable to make the 5 boat minimum threshold for separate class start.
>Please note that the 20' spinnaker boats will not be permitted to start with the Formula 18 class this year.
>
>Skippers Meeting at Claremont Ramp
>There will be a separate Skippers Meeting conducted at the Claremont Ramp Saturday morning in addition to the Skippers Meeting conducted at ABYC.
>
>
>Parking at ABYC
>Starting on Friday ABYC will have parking passes available at the club. These passes enable you to park in the two lots directly adjacent to the ABYC with out paying the parking meters. Parking inside the club is reserved only for members.
>
>
>Regatta Social Activities at ABYC
>On Friday evening there will be a party at the club for the regatta participants complete with complimentary appetizers and band. The festivities will begin at approximately 6 pm with the ban starting at 7 pm.
>Saturday evening there will be a BBQ dinner at ABYC after racing for $12 per person.
>The Trophy Presentation will be Sunday afternoon at ABYC. complimentary appetizers during the presentation