I have added the word but not the pics. If you need to see the pics go to:
Tell Suzy good luck!
IHCA Supplement to the International Hobie Cat 16 Class Rules.
THE USE OF THIS SUPPLEMENT IS AUTHORISED FOR YOUTH EVENTS ONLY.
1. The IHCA General Class Rules and the Hobie Cat 16 Class Rules are part of these rules.
2. Only spinnaker sails, bowsprits and snuffer kits built from HOBIE CAT CO. approved patterns and manufactured
by or for HOBIE CAT CO. are class legal.
3. The Hobie 16 class spinnaker of maximum 17,65 m2, the bowsprit of 3200mm length (+/- 5 mm) and the
snuffer as supplied by a HOBIE CAT CO. shall be carried during class events when this supplement is in
4. The bowsprit shall be fixed on the longitudinal centre line of the boat as provided by the manufacturer. Bowsprits
shall have a blunt end cap fitted. Bowsprit bridle wire length shall not be shorter than 1595 mm. Additional
supporting lines for the bowsprit may be mounted and/or rigged in any manner.
5. The head of the spinnaker shall not be hoisted higher than 6865 mm from the base of the extrusion. At the
halyard block or keeper the bearing surface of the halyard shall be no more than 70 mm from the surface of
the mast. For the purposes of measurement, the halyard shall be pulled tight to the tack fitting.
6. Spinnaker sheet blocks of different design or make may be used. Additional blocks may be added. The spinnaker
sheet blocks and spinnaker running gear may be mounted/rigged in any manner.
7. Tapered sheets, lines and halyards for the spinnaker are permitted.
8. Line(s), elastic cord(s) and covers may be added as tangle preventers for jib sheet lines, spinnaker and spinnaker
9. Adjustable rope luff and leech lines may be installed within existing luff and leech tapes on spinnakers.