Hi, where's more info on this? Thanks.
Most information can be found at the event page on the Hobie Class Assn - North America web site:http://www.hcana.hobieclass.com/?Page=9758
There's also some updated info on accommodations & other stuff:
Hobie 16, 18 & 20 North American Championships update
• 2013 Hobie 16 North Americans will also be the qualifier for the 2015 Pan Am Games to be held in Toronto, Canada, details remain to be confimered
• Sorry NO Tigers will be included in this event, just H16's, H18's and H20's.
• Venue is Porretto Beach, Galveston, TX. This is a private use beach, located towards the east end of Galveston Island. Most activities will take place on the beach.
• RV camping is in close proximity
• Hobie 16 World qualifier: 1/3 of North American world championship prequalified spots will be alloted based on the 2012 Hobie 16 rankings, 1/4 from the 2012 North American's and the remainining prequalified spots will be determined based on finish postions in Galveston.
• NEW the host hotel has changed ownership and is no longer a Holliday Inn. Additionally the group code will no longer work. The host hotel is still at the same place but it's now called the Galveston Beach Hotel. The new management will honor our same group rate BUT you need to call 409-762-1398 to book and get the rate. You can not book on line. When you call you need to mention you are with the "Porretto Beach Hobie group" to get the discounted rate. The rate is $107 Sunday-Thursday and $147 Friday & Saturday. Hotel is located a few blocks from the regatta site.
• If you already booked through the Holliday Inn group rate, your reservation should be transfered.
For those of you attending the event in Galveston: The host hotel is now under new management. It is now the Galveston Beach Hotel we still have our rate but the code was for the Holiday Inn and is not combatable with their system. So when you call just tell them you are with "Porretto beach Hobie" and they will be able to reserve your room. As the staff is going through a lot of changes....the person you may reach on the phone will just be putting you into that block and you will be entered manually later. Rest assured that I have spoken to them they have our block set aside and we will be taken care of. This change fell around labor day and I have been working with the hotel making sure that the deal we made with former owners is all set. They have now come up with a way to get us into their system. Be patient and please let Bridget know if you have any issues.
Also as we have not had any registered Tigers and we were going to go ahead if we had at least 5. We are going to count them out at this point as we are just about a month out and we need to make decisions regarding trophies and such.
We would like to make a plea to those of you coming to get registered or let Bridget know you are coming. We are trying to get my numbers firmed up.