Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:39 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well after quite a few months of repairing ,rebuilding and bolting on of new parts, KTF#28(built in'95) was put in the water at Manly Beach, Auckland.
The day was perfect,we set it up,put it in the water,and i took off in it......... The boat promptly got up on the foils,an amazing feeling!
However the rudder wasnt clipped in place properly and popped up. Bugger!!!! In trying to sort the problem out I managed to gybe the boat,pretty violent it was,and the sail link bar promptly broke at the rivets where the mainsheet attaches......i guess the tube mayve been weak due to age/corrosion.The brass clip that attaches the foil retract(stbd)also broke due to age/corrosion.
I managed to get the rudder down and headed to the nearest beach....thats when i found i could not get the stbd foil up! It gently touched the bottom,i got out but the wind and waves spun the boat around breaking a few small bits.. Yet another email has been sent off to Dan requesting parts!
I had but a taste of what these boats are like, cant wait for my next time out. Having had a bad experience,the sailing instructions/warnings in the assy manual now make perfect sense! Hmmmm
Cheers Matt.

Post subject: Tri Foiler # 28
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:57 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Matt,

Please contact me asap via [email protected].
The tri foiler numbered 28 is owned by david and myself who imported it into New Zealand from Greg Ketterman. it should still be in storage on the North Shore in Auckland.
The main photo on the Hobie page - http://www.hobiecat.com/sailing/models_trifoiler.html - is of us in the boat on the Hauraki Gulf.
Please recheck the boat number and contact me as soon as convenient, I will confirm that our boat is still stored safely.

Look forward to a race !

Thanks

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:49 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

""Re the following text""Well after quite a few months of repairing ,rebuilding and bolting on of new parts, KTF#28(built in'95) was put in the water at Manly Beach, Auckland.
The day was perfect,we set it up,put it in the water,and i took off in it......... The boat promptly got up on the foils,an amazing feeling!
However the rudder wasnt clipped in place properly and popped up. Bugger!!!! In trying to sort the problem out I managed to gybe the boat,pretty violent it was,and the sail link bar promptly broke at the rivets where the mainsheet attaches......i guess the tube mayve been weak due to age/corrosion.The brass clip that attaches the foil retract(stbd)also broke due to age/corrosion.
I managed to get the rudder down and headed to the nearest beach....thats when i found i could not get the stbd foil up! It gently touched the bottom,i got out but the wind and waves spun the boat around breaking a few small bits.. Yet another email has been sent off to Dan requesting parts!
I had but a taste of what these boats are like, cant wait for my next time out. Having had a bad experience,the sailing instructions/warnings in the assy manual now make perfect sense! Hmmmm
Cheers Matt.

Fastest Kiwis
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:57 am Post subject: Tri Foiler # 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Matt,

Please contact me asap via [email protected].
The tri foiler numbered 28 is owned by david and myself who imported it into New Zealand from Greg Ketterman. it should still be in storage on the North Shore in Auckland.
The main photo on the Hobie page - http://www.hobiecat.com/sailing/models_trifoiler.html - is of us in the boat on the Hauraki Gulf.
Please recheck the boat number and contact me as soon as convenient, I will confirm that our boat is still stored safely.

Look forward to a race !

Thanks

Bruce

Hey Bruce, might be nice if [email protected] was valid but it's not so read this!

I bought the foiler#28 in good faith from Mike Bilham in May this year through 'Trade Me' (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =150871831 )& on-sold it to Matt some 60 days later.

There was no mention of anything dodgy at time of exchange of payment or boat on towball & 'Mike' represented himself as the owner of the boat all the way through the process. I possess all the relevant paperwork of this transaction and have a really top lawyer, so just maybe, you should approach Mike Bilham for any reimbursement you feel you may be due but a good suggestion at this point would be to get your facts straight. I bought the boat & can prove it. Matt now owns the boat & has spent a considerable sum getting it back to seaworthy. Where-ever you fitted into the equation prior to then, who knows. You aren't in the equation now. Deal with Mike or Leave it alone. Final.

Cheers, hava good day :) Judas7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:26 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

It is fairly easy for a moderator to determine what ISP that post came from, and indeed if it even originated in NZ.

Geoff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:11 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Matt! I live in Auckland and have a TF.

See my other posts on this board.

Please contact me

m i k o s p o p o s AT g m a i l . c o m

(no spaces of course.)

I am going to try and track you down via the trade me auction you bought yours from.