Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 1996 Hobie Trifoiler, bought in 1998 new, for sale.

The only reason I am selling the trifoiler is due to my age,
late 70s with some health concerns.

This boat has only been in the water a few times and is in excellent condition. I have mostly kept the boat and trailer in the garage.

This trifoiler has white hulls with graphics colored patanted multi-sails (2 mains) and zippered reefing sails.

The pilot seat is adjustable, with built in speedometer, compass and steering pedal.

The boat has retractable forward hydrofoils, adjustable shock absorbers and mast rotators.

The hull has a watertight storage compartment. The trifoiler comes with harken blocks, black anodized aluminum (spars to beams, booms).

The custom trailer comes with a spare and jack stand with wheel roller, foil covers, and trailer ties. The trailer is galvanized with bearing buddys. The trailer and trifoiler is a breeze to pull, even by a compact car.

The trifoiler length is 22 feet with a 19 foot beam. Sail area is 215 sq. feet. Draft, foils up 5 inches; foils down 28 inches; beam on trailer is 45 inches.

This trifoiler also has some add ons; a lee board with cam cleat, tiller extension and line, mooring line with cam cleat, adjustable wind vane on king post, threaded connections on mast for compression strut, 19’ in length has been upgraded and replaced by Hobie Cat in 2012, hand operated bilge pump, a few spare parts in the storage compartment and the rear saddle on trailer has been reinforced and replaced.

A setup video to show you how to rig the trifoiler comes with the boat and is easy to follow. The video also shows other trifoiler tips.

I loved sailing the trifoiler with its instant acceleration. The trifoiler is fast and exhilarating, but smooth even on choppy water and easy to foil. The boat is safe, the foil adjustment sensors and damping-shocks keeps it smooth, level and so much fun. There is nothing like the trifoiler on the water, a wonderful boat to own. I regret having to part with my trifoiler, but my age compels it.

A plus for owning this boat is Dan Ketterman, who along with his brother Greg developed this boat, is willing to help the owners to maintain their boat and to answer technical questions.

The trifoiler is located in Evansville, Indiana.

Price $10,000

jackrhall@verizon.net

telephone 812-963-3262

Jack R Hall