Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

There is discussion going on in the Division 3 Reflector right now and none of it is shown here.

I think that this (forum) is a good place to allow others (outsiders) to find out about the division and the goings on. Then the reflector for the sailors that are participating on a regular basis, that choose to join, of course.

I get more response from emails I send out to the "local" Formula 18 sailors than I get from posting anything on a forum. There are plenty of people that do not check boards everyday and do check email often.

Later,
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

yeah but some times those reflector emails are so convoluted that it takes 5 minutes to find all the information. I know im exaggerating, but i still have gotten to the point where i leave them all in a folder and check them later. with the forums, i check it mor e frequently cuz i can just browse the topics im interested in.

i think it just depends. and if you eliminate the reflector entirely, then everyone will eventually have to come here.

on the other hand, those who prefer the forums over reflector can just request to be removed, and those who prefer the reflector can stay on.

then again i post on here like crazy, so we all know where i stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:51 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I agree with Peter.

Another good feature in this HC forum is that in topics which you are following, you can elect to be emailed when a new reply is posted, so in a way you have both a forum and an email, without clutter.

Downsides: I don't know of a way to do an email announcement here, and in order to recieve the "new post" notices, you have to post something in the topic yourself, which could lead to clutter.

Ingeneral these HC forums are very nicely done.

Dan
Campbell, CA
H17 2003