Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:58 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

One of our newest sponsors for this years Midwinters West is Clinton Martin from Arizona. His online insurance co. WWW.insurance4mexico.net is available 24/7 for us to use. I compared my usual AAA online quote to one from insurance4mexico.net and found a savings of over $40 for the week that I'll be in San Felipe. Please take the time to compare Mexican car Insurance from your usual company and Clinton's. Both AAA and insurance4mexico.net use the same Mexican company.

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:11 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks that is good info,just curious would it be worth my while coming down from sacramento with a h18.I would love to come and participate but I have a really green crew and I would like to know if there will be any other h18's down there.I havent raced my 18 in any big races just fun races
at whiskeytown lake in redding ca.I still dont have a comptip and was hoping to use my one provisional race at the Sharkfeed in fleet281 area.thanks alot
shawn [email protected]
82 H18 #8211
div 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Right now we have 6 pre-registered 18s (one is a magnum), with a total of 46 boats registered for Midwinters West. It's a fun trip, but from nor cal it is a long drive. If you make the trip try to stay for a week (need time to decompress). The Mexican food is great as are the cold drinks. There will be lots of teams there with "green" crews. But, for the most part Bahia de San Felipe is normally calm seas. We have been there for the rough stuff too, but that's when you go into town for fish tacos. Check out our website @ http://members.cox.net/midwinterswest/ most everything is up to date, except the photos and results. Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:58 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hey Rich thanks,I checked the map,that is a haul.I will need to go over my trailer with a fine tooth comb.I trailer to redding and tomales bay regularly
so I think im good with a couple of spares.I will see if I can make it happen.
shawn
82 H18 #8211
Div 3