Being real close to 70, I have a hard time putting up the mast on my H16.
After some research I have followed the gin pole herehttp://slowflight.net/upgrades/tips-GinPole.html
with a few mods.
1. I use my electric winch on the trailer.
2. I add "anti-sway" lines to the pole itself.
3. I use the main sail halyard to hoist anti-sway lines almost mid way up the mast.
4. I use the forestay to attach the pole to the mast.
5. After the mast is up I run a line around the mast as high as i can reach and tie it off. Then I run it
over the mast support on the trailer and cinch it up tight to the trailer making slack in the forestay.
Now i can release the forestay from the pole and hook it to the bridel.
The boat does not have a jib so the forestay holds the mast up forward.
It took a bit of time to set up the first time but gets better each time...
5/23/11 - Update with pictures:https://picasaweb.google.com/1082612116 ... 9moyPjDEA#