Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Chip Buck from Whirlwind sails really came through on this set. So far everything is ready to go and received my new EPO carbon rudders yesterday as well. even though they are the white ones, they are certainly sweet and might take them to get them wrapped. Sails are the square top Pentax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:34 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

nice................. :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey Skeeter,

I just ran across your project and got a little excited for you. I have owned two 21SE's and sailed them both down on the coast. If you have not already been there is a nice group that sail out of Bermuda Beach on Galveston Island. It is known as Cat Alley. You might find a good group of cat sailors to hang and sail with. Also, there is quiet a bit of experience that sails out of Cat Alley. Make sure you look up ruffrider.net. That is a race that has been going on in South Texas for about 30 years. The 21SE is an awesome platform to race up the Intracoastal Waterway. I am in the DFW area, but get down there semi-regularly. I hope to see you and your boat someday on the beach...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:51 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks!
I still have a lot to learn and will definitely look at that area. If you ever see the boat out there make sure you stop and say hi!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Due to not having any time and starting a new business, I am selling this beast so someone can enjoy it. Since the rebuild it has yet to hit the water. I have added Kevlar/Carbon rudders, new tramp, the sails have never even been raised or the battens installed, let alone see the light of day, Seadek on the top of the decks, new axle and tires on trailer. Asking $7500, sails where over half of that. Boat is located in Houston, TX.

[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I need some help from this group of experts... I've been pining for a 21SE for several years. I'm finally ready to make that purchase and in doing my research for a boat ran across Kenny's Grey Goose for sale - an amazing boat. I understand from Kenny the boat is permanently stretched and on a trailer - as such, not road legal. Kenny's had good luck moving it in / around Houston with temp plates...

So I imagine you all know my question now. How to get this great boat from Houston to Cincinnati. Any thoughts would be appreciated. If you all can help me solve this problem - then I'd have more confidence moving forward with an offer...

Alternately... Kenny - is the "permanent" stretch irreversible? I'm unfamiliar with how this mechanism works so my appologies if this is a rookie question.

Best regards - Andy

Foster, OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:35 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have trailer my 21SE wide since 1990 and it can be nerve racking in a tight construction zone but you will get use to it. Even without trailering my boat I tend to drive with one tire on the white line.

Always take the outside left lane at a toll booth or you'll dislodge the caught basket.......first hand experience.......

If in doubt close your eyes and drive faster....... :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7