Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New i14t owner. woo hoo!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:59 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks to all the great info posted on here. Over the past few months I read everything and really learned a lot.

I always loved the water growing up and living in San Diego and in the 80's I had a Hobiecat that I LOVED. Haven't done much in the past 20 years but started to get the bug about 2 years ago as I like photography and just being out there. A neighbor used to let me use his plastic hardshell kayak but I was never confident taking my cameras with me so I looked at more stable inflatables never even thinking Hobie did these. A few months back I went to lunch with a friend at the San Diego Yacht Club and speaking that day was the people at Fastlane and they brought all their Hobie Mirage boats including the inflatables and I got to try them out. I finally saw exactly what I wanted with the i14t.

Today I called Fastlane and ordered my i14t as they did not have any Sundance color in stock. Now I can't wait and I am itching to go. I know I will be calling in sick at work the day I get it! :mrgreen:

Thanks again for all the great info here.

Nobby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well, picked up my i14t from Fastlane yesterday and also met Richard the European head of sales for Hobie. Nce guy for the few minutes I talked to him.

Ron at Fastlane pulled it all out and showed me everything with a few pointers. I did not build it there but took it home to build it the first time.

When I test "drove" this boat a couple months ago I did not realize how big it really was. I figured I would put it in my trunk and carry it with me everywhere but I have a 06 Hyundai Sonata and it does not fit in the trunk without lowering the back seats. It's not hard to put it in and remove it and I did it myself. Also wanted to build it in my living room and whew it is a big sucker but moving some furniture around I got it out. Unpacking it and putting together what needed to be put together took me about 30 minutes to do and that was my first time. I think I can do it now in under 10 minutes which is great. Pumping up was easy as well and my first impression is this is one solid inflatable and a lot of design really went into this. Everything is just about right in what is needed in a boat like this. It is really built well and overnight it had no loss of air so that was also great. I plan to take it out for the first time today after work. I am ready now but have to wait 6 more hours...

Nobby