Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We sold my wife's Outback and bought an I-9. We kept the sail from the outback, not knowing at the time it was different than the new sails for the I-Series inflatable. I searched the forums and saw this
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10665&p=56036&hilit=stays+for+kayak+sail#p56036 all ver.y good information
There were replies that said the mast height is different but usable after stitching "stays" to the sail. I would like to see what the factory attachments look like and any home-grown alterations. The literature that came w/ the I-9 explains about the shorter mast segments (to fit the pack) but no pictures showing the stays/shroud on sail attachments.
When we bought the I-9 we asked the salesman to show us the I-sail but he pulled out a sail kit like the one we already have from the Outback. I don't think he has sold any I-boats/sails yet and he couldn't help us have a look. None in his stock. I do not care about the length of the segments for packing. We won't be sending our boat on the airlines so the old sail can lash to the roof, or in the belly of my sit in kayak.
If you have a new sail for I-boat, please post some pics of the stay/shroud attachment. That would be a big help. Thanks for your time and consideration.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi I_Niner,

I have made some pictures from my sail. If you send me your email adress I will send them to you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ihave pics of the sail and rigging I made as well here London Ontario Canada email me: [email protected]