Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:08 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

As like many other i12 & i14 owners, my beloved kayak has sprung a leak in the forward tube. The leak is right at the end of the tube, just above forward hatch. You can hear the air coming out right at the top just under the skirt that covers the forward hatch area. When I slide my fingers between the skirt and the tube you can stop the flow, but it starts again as soon as the fingers are removed.

I dropped it in to my local Hobie dealer for repairs and they've been asked to provide photos so Hobie Aust can determine if it it is warranty work or not. The dealer has sent photos but apparently they are good enough.

Could you please advise how you take a photo inside the hatch and under the skirt without damaging the kayak?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Simple repair.

There are retaining screws behind the top screw of the cargo hatch. You need a mirror or smart phone camera to see them behind the hatch. Remove the retaining screw with a Phillip Head screwdriver and the hatch tube can be detached to enable repairs.

Can Hobie please put up a couple of photos of this procedure in the Announcement Section so other inflatable owners can effect repairs?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My kayak has developed the same problem.... Oh! As well as padeyes which keep popping off. Come on Hobie lets have some real solutions. Believe it or not we are trying to support you. I do have a photo but don't know how to attach.