Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i12s Report
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I had a chance to put the sail on my iflatable this weekend and I was impressed. The wind was blowing at about 12 with gust up to 20. It sails best in the lower wind speeds. This is a fun boat and very stable, even when the wind gusted to 25 mph, I never felt as if it were going to flip.
I did get water inside the outer skin, the drain plug on one side was not connected to the hole on the outer skin, so I collected about 3 gallons of water. You may want to check the drains on the inflatable to make sure you don't get water inside the outer skin when you go out.
I would think that they would epoxy those in to make sure they don't become disconnected?

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I also got an i12 recently and have been happy with it. What are the drains you are referring to ? I have not had any water inside the skin. Including a few ocean rides with plenty of waves. I have never flipped but i did get dumped overboard by a large broadside boat wake. My mistake was trying to paddle vs hanging on.
[/img]

Post subject: i12s drain plugs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:02 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

If you look at the drains behind the seat, there is a tube at the bottom that connects to the tubes on the bottom of the outer skin. They can become dsiconnected from the drain and that will let water into the outer skin. It is easy to fix, I just didn't think it should be able to come lose in the first place. Maybe mine has a problem and I should call Hobie?
That was only the 3nd time I had the yak in the water, way too much fun.
Thanks for the alert about hanging on in a big wake, I guess I should probably practice getting in the yak while close to shore in case I get thrown from the yak by a wake.

Ken