Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Highway 50 / 80 CA

I have not seen any other AI's on Hy. 50 or Intersrate 80 Northern CA.
I have been to most lakes for two seasons. I did see the meeting posted last season for the Delta area.Loon Lake, IceHouse,Spalding,Echo,Valley Res. Donner,Jackson,Folsom... Anyone out there??... My wife still paddles with a dog.

Post subject: Soon...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:06 am 
Site Rank - Captain

...I will be on all of these lakes and areas.

Loon Lake, IceHouse, Spalding, Echo, Lake Tahoe, Lake Natoma, Lake Clementine, Union Valley Reservoir, Donner Lake, Shasta Lake, Whiskeytown Lake, Trinity Lake, Black Butte Lake, Lake Oroville, Lake Almanor, Honey Lake, Honey Lake, Clear Lake, Mono Lake, Bridgeport Reservoir, Camanche Reservoir, New Melones Lake, Don Pedro Lake, San Luis Reservoir, ...and many others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tim: Nice to see your post as it was not listed in the index area. Ihave not seen all the lakes you visit. I am suprised we have not crossed paths. You really do some driving. 3hr's one way makes for a long day. You must be camping? I have a pack of animals to care for each day.. so overnite's are seldom. I'm glad you posted back so now I know we are not the only ones out roaming around from Sacto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi kepra. I have not been on these lakes with a kayak but I have been on the edge of many of them with a fishing pole or hiking boots.
I am still trying to buy an Adventure and hopefully will buy a used one tomorrow or order a 2009 if that does not work out.
We should make arrangeemnts to travel to some of these places. My S10 will haul two kayaks on the racks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tim: Call CA canoe & kayak over on Hy. 50 / Sunrise...spaghetti factory parking lot area...Anyway they will rent AI-07 model for 50$ a day. This weekend may be cool and brezzy...If so Natomas winds are not steady but a good location to get started with AI...may as well get the sail option.
Adventure sports Arden area has best price but will order only several times a year. The Hobie outlet in Grassvalley is by far the best option for sale or rentals. I have not rented from them for 2 years so...not sure what you may find when you do call...I will call over there tomorrow and post tomorrow night. I did not purshase from them cause all things about price come out of main office in Oakland. I have the 07 model and after a few outings you might be hooked and a regular paddel kayak will become the back up. My wife has no intrest in the sail action. So try before you buy...with the rentals or the rent with purshase options...The new AI is a least 3500 after tax...The sailing place on sunrise was selling a two fer with trailer for 5000 about 3 months ago it was a good deal I can't recall the name of the store but it is posted here and I can find it. Lots of people use the AI as a fishing platform`...I have altered a trolling motor to fit where the fins go...but I do not fish..Seems to me the sail ropes and all are in the way but not with a motor attachment in the well or side mounted...mostly I just sail around as slow or fast as it will go...It beats pedling / paddling all the time...