Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MN - lakes and rivers
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Looking for any suggestions for both Single 16s and Tandem Island put-ins on lakes and rivers. Concerned about depth and bent Mirage Drives. We live on a small lake and depth is always a concern. We have visited Mille Lacs among other state parks in preparation for time on the water this year. With this the land of too many lakes to preview I hope you all can help focus the search. Sailing TI or pedaling the singles, day trip, shuttle trip, round trip... Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: MN lakes and rivers
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I just moved here in August of 2017 and have only sailed my TI one summer here in Minnesota so far but Leech Lake and Lake Bemidji are two very nice lakes for sailing. I also like several of the Crow-wing lakes, especially eleventh.

If you happen to make it up this far North I'd love to join you for an outing or two. [email protected]

2018 Tandem Island -

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

budgates wrote:
I just moved here in August of 2017 and have only sailed my TI one summer here in Minnesota so far but Leech Lake and Lake Bemidji are two very nice lakes for sailing. I also like several of the Crow-wing lakes, especially eleventh.

If you happen to make it up this far North I'd love to join you for an outing or two. [email protected]

Hi Bud,

Thanks for the reply. I will keep your offer in mind should I find myself heading north of Twin Cities. Also did drive by of Mille Laks Lake earlier this Spring.

Cheers,

Stephen

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:26 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

sharrissmith wrote:
budgates wrote:

Hi Bud,

Thanks for the reply. I will keep your offer in mind should I find myself heading north of Twin Cities. Also did drive by of Mille Laks Lake earlier this Spring.

Cheers,

Stephen

We stopped at Mille Lacs once but haven't sailed there yet. It's a big lake and it does look like the sailing would be fun. I've heard that, being such a big but shallow lake, the waves can get pretty rough.

2018 Tandem Island -