Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but here's my issue.
The battery for my livewell took a hit on something and the cap for the positive terminal came off. "No big deal", I thought, "I'll just glue it back on". But when I looked a little closer, I noticed that there was some corrosion where the chord meets the terminal of the battery.
I have used my livewell out on the ocean probably less than ten times and I always rinse off my gear when I get back home. This will be a simple cut, strip, clean, solder and glue job for me, but I wanted to bring this up because I think there should be more protection for the exposed wires of this battery. Even if this metal is rinsed with fresh water, corrosion will build up and the wires will turn black inside the insulation and fail much sooner than the useful life of the battery. I'm not sure who puts the batteries together, but if the glue that is used to stick the cap over the terminal covered all of the exposed metal completely the problem would be fixed IMO. Thoughts?