Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:17 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Looking for ideas for making a headrest mod on the Vantage seat if anyone has done one before. My wife has neck issues and her cutoff time for a sail is right at about an hour. The movement, bounce, and rocking is just a little much for anything longer. I'm going to tackle adding a headrest to see if some support for her head/neck will allow for some longer sails. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:27 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

You might check with her Dr office and talk with the Occupational Therapist. They are the ones that help with daily ergonomic solutions. My first thought would be a U shape headrest from ear to ear. However, don't want to cause pressure points that will cause more hurt or harm. Talk to the medical experts when nerve damage could result. My wife had lower back surgery go very badly. I've made seat cushion inserts to help her sit more comfortably longer in the car. Research DIY motorcycle seat cushions to get tips how to work foam. There are gear clamps, gaffer clamps that could grip to the seat to attach structure for the headrest.

I'm afraid y'all might be told to only boat on glass smooth water. Hope you can come up with a solution that let's her keep enjoy being out on the water.