Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:38 am 
Site Rank - Captain

The clip on the end of my Mirage drive retaining bungee strap has come off. I see they have a strap with an end clip in the catalog. Does it take any special tool to remove the old bungee chords from the hull and amas? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Tool
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:42 am 
Site Admin

We have a tool for the threaded-in fittings shown in the catalog, but not yet produced, but you can use a needle nose pliers. Tips into the recess points and turn. Perhaps add a vise grip to gain the leverage required.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject: Re: Tool
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:41 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

[quote="mmiller"]We have a tool for the threaded-in fittings shown in the catalog, but not yet produced, but you can use a needle nose pliers. Tips into the recess points and turn. Perhaps add a vise grip to gain the leverage required.
Thanks Matt. Any idea when the tool will be produced. I sent an e-mail into the company about another issue concerning my AI trailer yesterday. I received the saddles today and had to send in another e-mail. I would rather not air this on a public forum at this time. Can you check to see if they received my e-mails? My name is Glenn Gardiner. My e-mail address is glennegardiner@yahoo. My phone number is 919398-1214. I purchased a basic cart, the AI saddles and the tower, which I believe has not yet been manufactured. I will wait till noon Pacific time on Monday, before I go public
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

I received your emails (both) this afternoon and have replied. Email sent to our info@ address can take time to route through to the correct person.

Questions concerning orders shipped through dealers are best handled by those dealers. They have access to all departmenmts here at Hobie Cat for help. We are not a retail direct company, but try to handle tech help as best as possible, but are not staffed for retail related issues.

The tool had not been finalized as of the last time I checked. They wanted to tweak it a little. I cannot check further as factory and engineering do not work fridays. They do 4-10s.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

When my hook was lost, I just removed the hook from the new part and put it on the old bungee. Also we used a wiretie to make sure it didn't get lost again!

Kayaking Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:55 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am just glad to know mine is not the only one to come off and shoot straight down the drive well. :oops: Why don't they sell just the hooks?
gwiz