Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:08 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello,
I bouht my adventure island on jul 07th. I paid, more or less 6.000$. I am really enjoying it and think it is fastastic despite of the high price I had to pay.
The problems came wen I asked the distributor for the Mirage drive storage and the amas storage because I payed for them when I bought the AI. Afterwards the turbofins, the balanced rudder, the thumb screw( located in the rudder system, to lock the rudder down),81391002 RUDDER UP/DOWN LINE SYSTEM '07-08. When I was looking in this forum the improvement I was ordering to the distributor.
Until today I have only received the turbofins and the balanced rudder.
The distributor says that the Europe distributor located in Holand doesn´t have them and I can´t believe it that in one year......
Please, I would like to know if it is possible to buy the AI pieces in other distributor in Europe or in USA that can send to Spain., or maybe Mr. mmiller could send directly to the distributor in Madrid, Spain the AI pieces demanded.
Thanks a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hola. Yo también tengo un AI.

My AI is a 2008 model. I bought it to a french dealer, and everything was ok. But after the AI arrived i asked to the dealer for a pair of pedals. He answered that they would be expensive and would take a long time to come...He was not much interested on sell me the items.

Finally i bought the pedals at a US store; austin kayak. They don't send kayaks but do send parts of them. Cheaper and fast. Maybe you can buy to them.

Saludos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

I suggest you contact the Hobie Kayaks Europe dircetly.

www.hobie-kayaks.com

This is between them and the Spanish dealer. I can not get involved.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

First of all, thank you for the information.
Agust_inp, I saw the austin kayak web and it was interesting but they don´t have all the parts I need urgently, as for example the thumb screw( located in the rudder system, to lock the rudder down) or 81391002 RUDDER UP/DOWN LINE SYSTEM '07-08. Unfortunately, without any of them I can not sail with high wind. I have been all day searching for the 8030781 SOC CAP SCREW that adjust the 79531001 XBAR FWD ASSY, I have lost it and it is impossible to get here in Spain.
Mr. mmiller, When you say that you can not get involved I supose you mean that hobie company is going to do nothing to solve this service problem.
I didn´t bought the AI in the USA 3200$=2.043€, I bought this kayak directly to the official spanish dealer for 4.900€=7.674$ because I thought that I was also paying for the service. Thank you anyway.
Mr. mmiller, ¿can you please tell me who is your main dealer in Europe that is not going to lead me to the spanish dealer?
Maybe this forum will make hobie think about the necessity of a worldwide internet shop for hobie parts and accesories. I really think this would be perfect for woldwide hobie owners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I can't help you on the soc cap screw mine kept working loose until I siliconed the threads but for the rudder lock down you can use a stainless steel bolt. Have you checked under the back deck lid they used to come with a spare on the back side of the lid.

The new ones don't have a lock down except the line cleat but the system works much better.

best of luck and happy sailing
gwiz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

thank you gwiz.
the problem is that here in Spain it is very difficult to find 1/4 screws, and it is more difficult in stainles steel or plastic.
I broke the original and the spare bolt in the lake. I know 2008 models comes with the line cleat, but my AI is 2007.
It is impossible to get the bolt or the RUDDER UP/DOWN LINE SYSTEM KIT from the dealer. It is unbelieveble that one dealer has no parts of the product is dealing.
¿do you know if your hobie dealer has them and could send them to Spain?
maybe you can give me the contact,
thank you very much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I suggest you contact the Hobie Kayaks Europe directly.

www.hobie-kayaks.com

This is your best contact over there. They need to help you with what ever you need.

It is not a matter of us not wanting to help... We can not due to agreements. Hobie Kayaks Europe has licensed the rights to sell into Europe for kayak items. Hobie Cat Europe maintains rights to all of Europe on other items / sailboats along with some territory for kayak stuff.

Spain is listed in the Hobie-kayaks.com dealer list.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Last edited by mmiller on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:57 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well, "hobie-kayaks.com": looks like they are not giving any service to us. I tried to contact them via their web page when i purchased my AI two moths ago.

I'm still waiting the answer. Peharps they don't understand my poor english.

Here we pay the double for the same item, but receive a poor post-sale service.

Rafael, maybe in a US online shop you can buy the parts you need. Although you don't see the part listed in their web, they can order it if you ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

You can find US dealers by using our Dealer finder:

http://www.hobiecat.com/company/dealer.html

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:12 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mr. mmiller,
You said:Hobie Kayaks Europe has licensed the rights to sell into Europe for kayak items.
Are the USA dealers going to sell hobie items directly to europe? I suppose not because of the license they don´t have.
Only if you tell one dealer to do it for those AI owners in Europe with this kind of difficulties to get important parts or improvements of the kayaks, he would send them to us,
Please, give us just one contact and we are going to be very happy with the hobie post-sale service and the most important thing, we will can sail on our AI that cost us more than the double of the price paid in the USA.
Just that and all our service problems are going to finish.
thank you,

Post subject: US Hobie parts dealer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I would try the guys at kayakfishingstuff.com I find their service, assortment of really cool stuff for kayaking to be outstanding. The kayak fishing forum on their web site is very informative as well. I have an 2007 AI that I upgraded to the new rudder system and it works alot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you very much jholtco,
I saw the web but I didn´t see the upgrade to the new rudder system part of 2008 kayaks. I was searching in Hobie parts.
Do you get there?

Post subject: kayakfishingstuff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

They are Hobie dealers, I think if you email them they will be able to provide the parts you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Did you ever get your parts. If not let me know and I'll buy them and send them to you. No Problem.