Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

SOLD - JULY 2015

1982 Hobie 18 - Located near Traverse City, MI

Pictures - https://plus.google.com/photos/115845746820798972849/albums/6153680368732774129?authkey=CMfU7OiWnOXzjQE

Overall, the boat is in very good condition, well tuned, and complete with all bits and pieces. Lifetime freshwater boat, no soft spots, repairs or dings. I've owned the boat for 5 years and have sailed it extensively on inland lakes and Lake Michigan and it's performed flawlessly. Upgraded to an F18 spinnaker boat a year ago, and this one isn't getting used any more.

Comes with 2 main sails and 1 jib. Both mains are in good condition relative to age. One is all white and quite crispy, the other is a the colorful "Fantasia" pattern. No repairs and showing little wear. 2 sets of battens with end caps and sail bags. Jib isn't race-ready, but still usable. Daggerboards are in good shape and come with a carrying case. All the lines are in good shape, nearly all have been replaced since I've owned the boat. Mast is the original aluminum 1-piece version and in very good shape, no bends or dents.

I've upgraded it with Harken blocks, 6:1 downhaul, fiberglass EPO "race rudders," the more modern adjustable rudder castings and an extendable fiberglass "Hotstick." Makes for much improved handling. Fresh hydroturf deck grip, and a newer, aftermarket mesh tramp (SLO Canvas) that allows water to drain quickly. Most of the plastic bits have been replaced (rudder cams, tiller & trapeze parts).

Comes with steel trailer pictured w/ a large sail tube, and one full Gul trapeze harness (L/XL).

Asking $2250. Please feel free to contact me with interest or questions.

Last edited by LeelanauH18 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:07 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Price?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Oops - I knew I forgot something.

Asking $2250.

-Peter