Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

2013 Hobie Adventure Island - under warranty - registered as a vessel.

See my Craigslist ad with 20 photos here:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/4430738690.html

Hardened for EXTREME offshore fishing - a very stable fishing platform on a shoestring - 3 ft seas and 15 knot winds, no worries!

I'm moving up to a Tandem Island soon so I can run a Minn Kota RT55/ST/iP, Scotty electric downrigger, and a first mate to gaff all the kings, hoos and phins!

Comes with dry ride captains chair, customized aluminum trailer with removable backup posts with LED lights, Hobie Trax-2-30 cart, Humminbird fish-finder with battery, electric and manual bilge pumps, swivel cam cleats and extra fairleads, paddle, mirage drive, tramps, spray skirts, etc, etc. (too many mods to list.)

Without trailer - $3,250
With licensed trailer - $4,250

Kayak registered as a vessel - tag good till Nov. 2014

Fishing rods not included.

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't bargain with faceless strangers over the internet.
If you are serious you must show up at my home with cash and we'll talk!
I live in Margate, FL 33068

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

"Whoever said that sailing and hardcore offshore fishing are mutually exclusive sports? Hobie certainly did not. Enter the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island and Mirage Adventure Island. Pedal, paddle or sail them. . .they are human powered, no motor necessary. Marlin, tuna, dorado -- offshore pelagic fishing of any kind -- the Hobie Island's are a "New Way to Fish."

"Hobie provides a demonstrable way to give offshore anglers a glimpse of the propulsion that can be achieved combining the MirageDrive with the power of wind in sails. Add the amas on each side that make it virtually impossible to flip over, built-in rod holders, the ability to troll with lures and large storage capacity on the trampolines, and these boats convert into fishing machines."

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:19 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Proyak:
I agree with you 110 percent that the AI/TI is the ultimate offshore fishing platform. I think one thing that people don't realize is just how big the ocean is and near any shore or launch site at least around here there is nothing but bare sand. Hobies pa line of boats I think are more geared for inshore fishing on smaller bodies of water. Though I don't hook and line fish, I do spear fish offshore and notice that fish don't seem as threatened by a TI with pedal drive as much as they would be with our old powerboat. I often see tons of fish just hanging out under my boat.
Hobie doesn't market the AI/TI much as an offshore fishing platform. But as fishermen figure out the capabilities and ability of especially the TI to take out 2-3 people I see a big future for the boats. Of course this is just my opinion.
Any day of the week I think I would select an AI over a pa14, as you can do so much more with it.
Bob

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

fusioneng wrote:
Proyak:
I agree with you 110 percent that the AI/TI is the ultimate offshore fishing platform. I think one thing that people don't realize is just how big the ocean is and near any shore or launch site at least around here there is nothing but bare sand. Hobies pa line of boats I think are more geared for inshore fishing on smaller bodies of water. Though I don't hook and line fish, I do spear fish offshore and notice that fish don't seem as threatened by a TI with pedal drive as much as they would be with our old powerboat. I often see tons of fish just hanging out under my boat.
Hobie doesn't market the AI/TI much as an offshore fishing platform. But as fishermen figure out the capabilities and ability of especially the TI to take out 2-3 people I see a big future for the boats. Of course this is just my opinion.
Any day of the week I think I would select an AI over a pa14, as you can do so much more with it.
Bob

Bob I owned and fished a PA12 and quickly realized it's limitations for extended offshore use.
Richard

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:35 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I rarely use my PA anymore, even on the smaller lakes and waters. The speed and distance capability of the Islands just makes them more to my liking.