Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi,

This is short notice, but a few of us are leaving from Chokoloskee (here in S FL) for a 9-mile trip out to Pavilion Key. We will be on the water in Chok about 9:00 am, Sat, Jan 17 since the winds will finally drop down to reasonable (10-15 knots.) We intend to return to Chok between 4-5 pm, Tue, Jan 20. The early departure time is necessitated by the tides. Of course, any one can do a shorter trip--their choice.

Let me know if you are interested.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

Last edited by Chekika on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Just checked out Google Earth re your trip Chekika. Pavilion Key looks to have plenty of sandy beaches. Please don't forget to post some pictures of this trip when you get back. Wish I was there along for the ride...Pirate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Chekika. I have plans to go out the first week of feb. I could also get the last week of Jan off if you have a trip planned. I am probably gonna just cruise down the outside for a few days fishing and camping along the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Pirate wrote:
Just checked out Google Earth re your trip Chekika.

That's fun, isn't it? I was cruising Pacific atolls on my iPhone the other night while waiting for my computer to clone itself.

26 58 N x 81 57 W (more or less)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:08 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We did not leave today as planned because of this front coming in. We really intend to catch fish and a front is death to fishing. Tentatively we have rescheduled for Friday, Jan 16--but winds still scheduled for 20+ knots. The fish and kayakers don't like that. We may leave Saturday, Jan 17--I think the winds are supposed to drop down to 15-20 knots. By Sunday, they should be down to 10-15. And it will be cold--high 40s, low 50s at night. Brrrrr!

Quirkster--We ought to get together at end of Jan-early Feb. I need to be around home, Feb 5-7. I assume you will be using your AI? You know a great time to go down to the Lostman River area would be early March. Chances of hitting into lots of reds is very good. Of course, there will be good trout fishing. And, if one were lucky, the snook bite would be on.

Tom--Yes, the 10,000 islands are a great place to cruise around beach camping. You and your wife will have to come along some time.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon