Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi all,

My girlfriend has her checkout dives this weekend, one in Sarasota near Santa Maria and the other from Key Largo. I will be sailing while she is diving. If anyone wants to join me and/or can name good trailer launch sites that would be great. I'll be soloing my TI so you wouldn't even need a boat.

I will be on her schedule, so not real confident on launch times, but should be around ten or eleven AM and done five to six hours later.

Email me at kayak man 7 at g mail dot com or send a PM.
Cheers,

J

I forgot to clarify, on Saturday, we will be in Sarasota. On Sunday, we will be in Key Largo, sorry

J

the TI3 rear ama mod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:29 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I think your Sarasota site might be called Anna Maria Island? If so their are two places to launch in the area . One on hwy 64 on the causeway out to the island. Puts you in the intracostal waterway just south of Tampa bay mouth. Other is coquina beach ramp on the south end of Anna maria island. Nice place to launch with easy access out into gulf. Just a couple of notes; Be very aware of the tides here. A lot of water goes in and out these passes.
The other one is don't try and land at the really nice beach on the gulf side of Coquina. The guard will make you leave and not be pleasant about it. I may have contributed to this unpleasantness towards hobie islands .