Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:08 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I've heard of people's cars getting broken into just north of that spot, I have a trailer for my TI and prefer to launch and park at the big public boat launch, it only costs six bucks and have never had an over crowded problem there like I have had at other public launches. Typically I pull up to the dock, go get the car, winch the boat onto the trailer, tie it down with one strap, pull it out away from the launch area, then take my time taking the tramps off, turning in the AMA's , battoning everything down and finish strapping the boat to the trailer ang get ready for the road.
I usually avoid public boat ramps, but this is one of the few I like. Every time I've been there, there were rangers hanging around and close by.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:36 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Cars do get broken into, even at the ramp area although breakins are not a common occurrence anywhere along the Bayway. My recommendation is to park/launch JUST PAST the toll booth on the right side of the road (just before the bridge). There is enough activity there that helps to prevent break-ins, rather the before the toll where that sat photo shows. I've parked there a zillion times with no problems. Of course, there is always a first time.........

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:41 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

domromer wrote:
Thanks for the map. I'll be sure to check out that area.

If you go a little further towards ft desoto, immediately past the toll station by the first watch buildings, there is a quick turn off and on any weekend, you will see all the kayakers out there. That could be a good launching point for some sailing.

I would have to agree with the others. I fish the Egmont area routinely and that is some congested and tricky water. Be very cautious..

Larry

Words Of Wisdom From My Old Mentor....

"I never met a man on his deathbed, who wished he had spent more time at the office."