Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:49 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi, just hit the water in my new red shiny TI and wondering if I'm the only one in Tassie ?

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:22 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi leeds and welcome. Glad to hear another Tasmaniac is part of the forum. I'm from Kingston Beach although I now live near Newcastle. Went back home last Feb for a few weeks and hope to get back next Feb if all goes to plan. I don't think there are any active Tasmanians on this forum so it would be great for us if you stayed active with some trip reports, photos, videos etc. This would have to be one of the best forums around, and having contacts around the globe is a great way give and receive knowledge about our sport. You are in the unique position of being in one of the most scenic spots on the planet so I'm sure you can provide us with some great stuff.

Attached is a Tassie trip report I did back in February. viewtopic.php?f=70&t=46696&hilit=tasmania

Where abouts are you located ?

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi slaughter,
thanks for the reply and you are correct I am in a beautiful part of the world . Only had a few runs around the Beauty Point and George town area and a good day around port sorrel . Just getting used to the TI . Felt like a baptism of fire the first day as winds never dropped below 20kts but great fun. Heaps of trips planned after the Xmas break so will keep you posted, Hard to imagine I'm the only TI owner in Tassie , surely not ! I get some strange looks from the Tinnie boys !
cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey ya leeds. Don’t know if you are the only one or not but when I was down there in Feb, I would have thought I would have seen at least another, even up on a roof rack, but nothing. Where did you get yours from ? It would be really good to keep in touch as there are so many parts I also want to explore further and in some spots would be safer in numbers. I know Beauty Point. I went to Low Head and George Town on the trip ( as you have probably seen in the photos in my trip report ). Where abouts were you thinking of doing some adventure sailing ?

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Slaughter,
one trip I have planned is across to Maria island from Orford , another would be Bruny island and a good run down the east coast would be great . Not much going to happen over xmas period . Looking forward to Jan Feb and March . Tamar Marine in Launceston is the place I got my TI , Dean gave great customer service .
cheers