Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey guys moved back to northern NJ just recently and i want to find some contacts to fish and sail with this summer. I have an AI and a trailer(multiple island capacity) and will be spending a good amount of time on Long Beach Island this summer, but am willing to travel anywhere in nj and surrounding to meet some fellow island owners. Summer is right around the corner!

I know there is an island club out of brick, nj and a few other forum members in the area, so lets get to planning! :mrgreen:

-Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Im quite a ways out on Long Island on the north shore (East Northport) but am game for a meet up ~wherever~ for a change of pace. I have 2 AI's and room for both up top or on a trailler (so theoretically I can take 4 AI's for a ride).

Papaya AI2 to replace my well worn V1
TheTwins - His/Hers 2007 Papaya Hobie Adventure Island's (v1.00.01)
.. and a Hobie Outback SUV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Wouldnt be bad for a meet up somewhere in the middle....You also have some great areas there! Between the sound, bays and offshore im sure sailing/fishing is great there. Where do you go out of mostly?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mostly out in Northport/Huntington bay(s) but Im growing bored of it and need to venture out. Its just very convenient with $35 buying me a pass to about 9 different beaches where I can cartop or take the trailer .. 4 of them have small boat ramps and all are about 15 minutes from home. I'll vary where I launch from by the wind but usually on the are right starting pt in this map - Asharoken

Check out the guy who started this thread - you may want to reach out to him as he's from NJ

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=45229&p=197300&hilit=northport#p197300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice! How long is that trip? And sounds like a good setup with all those boat ramps...my options in sc were 2 boat ramps within an hour of me or cartop beach launches

The launch options on the northern jersey coast look good havent explored too much though.....Long beach island has some great launch options, and I have access to a private launch :mrgreen: im also planning a camping trip on the delaware which we could make into a really nice meet up!

Yea i have seen that thread before i believe sailman is the head of the hobie club here and there are a few others in the area that posted in that thread so ill definitly try to get in touch.

Did the trip you were planning in that thread go through?

-Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Jeff - I have a TI and trailer located in Westchester, NY. We sailed from Beach Haven, LBI most summers but are in the process of selling our beach house. As a result, I'm definitely looking for some destination/ trailer meet ups. There is an emerging Hobie Island club and we had one sail out of Brick this fall - hoping for much more starting this Spring. I also have a good family launch area in Pt Pleasant, so still a few options. Let's definitely stay connected and find a good early launch date to get a few folks on the water. Best, Rich

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

North Jersey? you might want to check out Round Valley off I 78 in Lebanon .. beautiful spot & great for trout fishing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Rich,
Sounds good man looks like were getting a decent amount of people willing to meet up, should be a fun spring. Definitly have to plan it for as early as we can but the weather will be the deciding factor so well have to keep an eye on it and plan our first trip in the mean time.

Fishman,
Yea im in sussex county so not far from you. That looks like a great spot! Will definitly be checking it out this season. Are you in for a meet up?

Lake wallenpaupack in PA is a really great spot too. Not for from where I live and would be a great camping trip spot.

-Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey guys sorry for the late noticebut this thread skipped my mind. There is meet im going to be at in the raritan bay this coming weekend, should be about 30 yaks at least a few being islands. Pm me for details. Also the paddle sports show is this weekend so should be a yak packed weekend. Show is in somerset, nj.

-Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Deepbluesilence wrote:
. Also the paddle sports show is this weekend so should be a yak packed weekend. Show is in somerset, nj.

-Jeff

Hoping to make it out to the show on Sat .. you guys are wayyy too diehard for me going out this early in the season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Yea gunna be a cold one! Im more looking forward to meeting everyone.....ill be there sat too!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:44 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm a TI owner in New Rochelle, Westchester, NY. I usually take my boat out on Long Island sound because we get some strong SW gusts around 25-30kts. If anyone wants to go for an intense sail anywhere on Long Island sound, then let me know and we can plan a trip.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I grew up in Eatontown, near Belmar/Asbury Park/Long Branch, and I would love to bring my TI down for a weekend, I just am not sure where to launch the boat. When I was growing up I didn't have a boat, so I used to just swim from the beach. If anyone is near that area let me know, maybe we can setup a weekend.

I live in Rochester NY (upstate) but I come down to NJ 5-7 times a year for family.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:43 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Gotta kick this to the top again.
We have a month or two before the season starts(at least for me) but I would like to get together with some others for a few sails.
I am in Bucks County, near two lakes but willing to drive to the shore also. Used to sail my hobie in Barnegat, off Berkeley Island.
There is a nice campground a half mile from there.
Always interested in trying other new places also.
Randy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:58 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

You can count me in. I'm in Barnegat and willing to travel.