Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We have changed the date of our camping trip in memory of our good friend, Terry Wilson. The new, firm dates are Fri-Sun (or Mon), Mar 28-30 (31)

The tides for Fri-Sat:

Launch times (whenever you want) about noon on Fri from the Goodland Boat Park—see below. It is only about a 6.5 mi paddle or sail to Cape Romano. The Cape has some beautiful wilderness campsites along the east-facing shore.

The Goodland Boat Park http://www.colliergov.net/index.aspx?page=3121 has a fence and locked gate. The gate is open about 5:30 AM to sundown or 8 PM. The gate always opens for vehicles inside the property. Charge for launching: $8 motorized vessels, $4 for non-motorized. $10/night to park in the gated enclosure. Here is Goodland and the Park:

At this time, people planning to do the trip are (no particular order):
Toby Nipper, Alex Oancea, Steve & Maria Sanders, Don Haynes, Pat Owen, Charlie Fast, Vivian Olivia, Connie Mier, Fred, Michelin, probably Sharon Hutkowski, Joshua Morgan, maybe Jim & Yvonne Quinlan, and me.

I hope to see you all there. This will be a very nice camp trip. If you want to join this trip, email me at kwellma at gmail dot com, or call me 305-979-3362.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:38 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Our trip is shaping up. These are the people I know who will be coming on this trip. I believe there are more.
Alex Oancea*
Charlie Fast
Cindy Augustyn
Don Haynes
Erika Fitzsimmons
Fred Haass
Josh Morgan*
Judy Lamb
Kathy
Connie Mier
Pat Owen
Roy & ArDelia MacPhail*
Sharon Hutkowski
Steve & Maria Sanders
Toby Nipper*
Vivian Oliva
Nancy Wellman--maybe
Me

We intend to camp on the east-facing side of Cape Romano, but here is a picture of Terry on the rugged western shoreline during a camp trip in 2012--her first trip with us.

This is a picture of Terry with Josh Morgan and me at Ft Desoto at the 2012 WaterTribe Everglades Challenge. Note Terry's manicure--she always had a perfect manicure, even when camping and fishing.

We will miss her.

If you want to join this trip, email me at kwellma at gmail dot com, or call, 305-666-4184/305-979-3362.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon