Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A1 on Phuket
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:48 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Just two trial runs to date, the Thais LOVE this kind of stuff. Where else would you find a manufacturer ready to put their reputation on the line and produce something like as unique as this?.....only in the States!! Well done boys!!! Long gone are the halycon days of the 80's where a postcard to Paula Alter would sort out all my problems with the Hobie 18, 25 years on and sailing the 18 is out of the question. My two maiden voyages on the A1 were great fun. Islands abound out here and as a location its MADE for an A1. It takes forever to get one of these craft out here and as our local dealer had one in stock, I grabbed it despite the fact i have to return to UK in just under 2 weeks and return here in October. Parts are bound to be a problem, bearing this in mind I need some help as to what to bring out here in the way of spare parts. Please advise. ALSO my drive system came with regular fins but from what i have read the TURBO fins are fitted as standard on the A1.

I bought my A1 from;

Mr Rick Reynolds
Palm marine co Ltd
1/11-12 Moo 9
Chalong
Phuket 83130

email Rick Reynolds

E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Phone: 00 66 7631065

The A1 has just arrived in Thailand theres going to be a big market out here, PLEASE keep him aware of all updates etc.

Best Regards,

Philip Miles