Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doubts about purchase
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

:? My broker phoned today to say that he has got a buyer for my trailer sailer, so I was looking forward to ordering my AI, that is until I read the post from Nuestros amigo de Madrid and his problem with getting parts in Spain. Have any UK AI owners had the same problem as I am told everything comes from Holland?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

northsea should you have any problems getting parts you can always get what you need from dealers in the States, I do and it certainly works for me. I've used Kayakfishingstuff and Marinersails both with exellent results and speedy service. lived in Helensburough and Inverkiething for many years, beatiful country lots of stunning lochs to explore,wish I'd had the AI in those days.

fair winds John F

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:31 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the tip Makenmend. I have contacted different suppliers in the UK, "Cheltenham and Gloucester Canoes" say they are going to stock the most asked for spares and "Kayaks and Paddles" state they can get any spares within 2 weeks. I've asked for quotes for the new AI and a few other items from 5 different suppliers, all the AI prices are the same (£2775) but Cheltenham and Gloucester are winning on the freebies (free launching trolley), so as soon as the cheque arrives from the broker I'll place my order. One of the reasons I'm changing from the trailer sailer to the AI is to be able to sail in your old haunts without having to hope the tides coincide with my time of work. It was always a race to get back to the slips on time. I'll post some pictures once I've been. Regards Northsea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:05 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello, i live in Spain too. And agree with makenmend: you can always buy the needed parts to the US dealers. I bought some parts to austinkayak and i was very pleased with its service.