I removed the standard fins today and installed the Turbos
Unfortunately I will not get a chance to try them out for a few days due to other commitments.
I sure am looking forward to it though.
The most difficult part of the installation was removing the original masts.
After trying unsuccesfully using the screwdriver slot and then trying to use vice grips, I sought the assistance of a neighbour who just happens to be an expert on all matters concerning metal.
He quickly solved the problem by putting the mast rod in a large vice that he firstly covered the jaws with two thin stainless steel sheet "pads" (sorry I can't think of a better way to describe them). With the vice holding the rod very tightly, it was n ot too difficult to unscrew them, however they took several turns with the vice before they were free enough to be completely removed with a large screw driver.
We then measured the depth of the hole and I then marked the new masts with a texta (be careful not to rub it off)
I checked both holes for any residual loctite and ensured they were clean before screwing in the new ones. This went much easier than I expected.
All I did was start each one with a screw driver, add a small quantity of loctite and continue screwing them in until they were in as far as the mark I had previously made.
It was a good thing I had measured and marked them because one of them felt like it was correctly seated well before the mark. I had no trouble getting it all the way in using the padded vice in conjunction with a large screw driver (to prevent any turning).
The final steps were no problem whatsoever and I have adjusted the clews in accordance with roadrunners instructions.
I'll let you know what I think of the turbo fins once I've had a chance to try them out.