Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I wondered about the Ram aquabox, but the 76csx is just a bit big for the medium box and the large box seemed a bit bulky. The 60csx, on the other hand, may fit in the medium box, and the lack of flotation would not be an issue if it's going to be mounted anyway (message to Mickey & Pirate).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
mickeymouse wrote:
Chris, I think you said your committed for the rest of the week :?:

I'm free on Friday after 4 Mickey.

Chris, Unfortunately I have a dinner function on Fri , Sat & Sun nights, so I will have to pass on your kind offer and continue to suffer withdrawal symptoms :cry:
Last night the Penrith Anaconda store held a VIP 20% off everything in the store shopping night for the Ulyssians and guess what - I purchased the 60CSx for less than $400 :D
Now all I need to sort out is the maps and accessories and I'm set :D
I also found a Domayne store that prints photos for .12c a photo so I have printed out some great photos of our adventure.
I expect I'll go back again and print some of my adventures with Pirate. :wink:

Mickey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:05 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Pirate wrote:
Armada you say Mickey!!!. Now I'm getting excited. I'll crack out the cannon and dry powder and be along shortly....
Hurry back mate. The girls ran rampant at dancing last night especially after Debbie turned up to swoon away their only male partner. I need help fast....Pirate :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mickey :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:15 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chekika wrote:
Bob L,

The RAM mount aqua box (large) may be just the ticket for those who want protection and a mount for their Garmin 76 GPS. The soft Flex Lens cover which allows operating the buttons can be replaced as necessary at modest cost.

Here is a link: http://www.gomobilenow.com/RAM_B_138_AQ2_RAM_FOR_AQUA_BOX_MED_p/ram-b-138-aq1.htm These RAM mounts can be mounted in the cup holder.

Keith

Thanks for the info Bob L & Keith - I'll keep it in mind when deciding how best to secure it. Looks like I need to take a trip to Johnny Appleseed, Chris :roll:
Mickey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chris, Mickey and Pirate,
Arrrrr, an AI Armada -great idea! :wink:
I'm glad you enjoyed our Barrenjoey trip on Sunday Mickey. Yellow is a faster colour!
Chris- :lol: :lol: (Thor Heyerdahl and swamp trip pic)
We'll have to plan our Terrigal to Broken Bay trip soon. Jason is keen- he wants to try out his new lifejacket! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

stringy wrote:
We'll have to plan our Terrigal to Broken Bay trip soon. Jason is keen- he wants to try out his new lifejacket! :wink:

I'm keen too Stringy. It's a fairly long trip (about 45km return), so we would need to allocate a fair chunk of time. Alternatively, if you like, we could do it in two separate bites - say Half-Tide Rocks to Maitland Bay (~18km return) and Terrigal to Maitland Bay (~ 28km return). Maitland Bay isn't halfway, but it looks like the only bay along the route without breaking surf, if we wanted to land. Little Beach is halfway and looks possible, but looks to have a lot more rocks and waves. Anyway, however you want to do it, count me in!! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:06 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chris - just thought I'd let you know, I managed to track down the 60CSX at Anaconda Frankston on Monday.
I then rang the Penrith store that I purchased mine from on 18 Mar. Once again they told me they were STILL waiting for it to come from Garmin. I then informed them that their Frankston store had them IN STOCK and that I leave for NZ on Thu.
Consequently they made arrangements to have one sent out to me express post - so with a little bit of luck I should receive it tomorrow. I guess I won't have much time to familiarise myself with it prior to departure - but it'll give me something to play with on the plane etc.
I will load it up with the free NZ maps for this occasion. Sounds like I should download Babel to facilitate interfacing with GE :roll:
I won't get a chance to set up the magnifyer thingy until I return home mid May - but I'll let you know when I do.
Looks like we missed a great trip to Broughton Island with Stringy - however it's such a beautiful location I can't imagine it being the last time he does the trip. With a little bit of notice (providing I'm not in NZ or Tonga) maybe we could join him :roll:
Whatd'ya reckon Pirate - will we add this to our list :roll: :wink:

Adventure Island Sailing since 2008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Glad it's finally happening Mickey. With a few weeks experience now, I would definitely say that Bluecharts is a bit of a waste of money for our purposes. Topo Australia is far more suitable. For the odd bit of nautical data, you are better off to get paper charts from Maritime Services and add data manually. Between that and Google Earth, you can build up a database of stuff that's important to you. GPSBabel is great for getting information out of Google Earth and into the Garmin. Have a great time in NZ. We're thinking of going skiing there in about 3 months.