Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
Can I enter this one on behalf of Stringy?

Sure can, good shot hey, but if you win I don't want you to fighting over who gets the AI Dune and who gets the rudder pin.

That shot brings back memories. I was up there yesterday and the waves were pounding into Yakabar heads again. We had a wedding at Barry Park Fingel Bay looking out towards Broughton and I must admit, my mind did keep wandering.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
chrisj wrote:
Can I enter this one on behalf of Stringy?

Sure can, good shot hey, but if you win I don't want you to fighting over who gets the AI Dune and who gets the rudder pin.

That shot brings back memories. I was up there yesterday and the waves were pounding into Yakabar heads again. We had a wedding at Barry Park Fingel Bay looking out towards Broughton and I must admit, my mind did keep wandering.

Well Stringy took the picture, so I guess he deserves the AI. On the other hand, when he takes delivery of his TI, he'll have three of them and I'll only have one :( .....................
I'm still up for a bit of a cruise around Port Stephens if you're feeling nostalgic 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

No fighting here. The rudder pins all yours Chris! :wink:
Ok, I guess a video is just a series of still shots after all.
I'm surprised you've allowed their entry though Slaughter as I think a frame by frame selection is a bit unfair.
Who could this be dropping in in front of me and forcing me to go slower! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:05 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Have you noticed there's one of those cherubs up in the clouds, blowing the wind, like in those ancient nautical maps?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
Have you noticed there's one of those cherubs up in the clouds, blowing the wind, like in those ancient nautical maps?

:shock:
Well spotted Chris.
Amazing!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Location: Seattle, WA and more times than not, Camano Is, WA USA
Ok Stringy, when I first saw your wild, water photo, I thougt it was a bit of a spoof and you guys had somehow posed a scarcrow on the boat :? Then I realized it was real :shock: What an amazing, fantastic shot! And the video? I know you all said you had a great ride in the waves, but your video put it all in perspective. Whoowhee!!!!!
Thanks to all of you AI'ers from Aus. for giving us in the Winter climates, some fun reading and sun. Great posts all of you :D
Sailing weather is almost here in the Pacific Northwest, for those of us without the semi-dry suits. As soon as we get some consistant 55-60 degree days, I'll be out.
Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

Yes, amazing action shot! Among the many excellent pictures here, this image compellingly captures the classic struggle of man and his machine against nature, and the stoic acceptance of that relationship by the mariner. The spiritualistic element of the cloud blowing wind and water adds a mystique that sparks the imagination and brings us right into the legendary realm of Neptune!

Magnificent :!: 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:59 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
I'm still up for a bit of a cruise around Port Stephens if you're feeling nostalgic 8)

Well it's almost whale season Chris and Port Stephens is ideal. Another 2 dayer (or more) would be good. There are plenty of spots in the bay where camping would be either allowable or not noticed. I may pull my finger out and get the hammock set up by then. A trip out through the heads and south has some great easy access beaches as well ie: Fingal and Boat Harbour.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks for that Fly'n C Lion!
Hope you can get back out on the water soon! :)

Roadrunner wrote:
Yes, amazing action shot! Among the many excellent pictures here, this image compellingly captures the classic struggle of man and his machine against nature, and the stoic acceptance of that relationship by the mariner. The spiritualistic element of the cloud blowing wind and water adds a mystique that sparks the imagination and brings us right into the legendary realm of Neptune!

In my best Garrison Keillor voice impression, "I couldn't have put it better myself".
Much appreciated Roadrunner. Thanks. 8)
It was also great fun! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

That new mast head light is really bright!

CaptRon
"Anything's gonna happen,
it's gonna happen out there"

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Roadrunner wrote:

Goodness RR, not only an engineer, but a poet/philosopher!!

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mickey on Murrays

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jason returning to boat ramp at Honeymoon Bay (Taken during my impressionist period :wink: )

Adventure Island Sailing since 2008

Last edited by mickeymouse on Thu May 13, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Dammit Stringy you blitzed with that pic, I was so jealous I wanted to play the "no videos' card too but my mast shots were taken with the camera programmed to shoot a still every Five seconds so there's no real difference in the image-gathering method.

I grew up a barefoot kid in Port Stephens and have Game Fished there extensively, it's do-able from Coffs Harbour so if there is a gathering please allow me to invite myself?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:38 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

skymax wrote:
Dammit Stringy you blitzed with that pic, I was so jealous I wanted to play the "no videos' card too but my mast shots were taken with the camera programmed to shoot a still every Five seconds so there's no real difference in the image-gathering method.

I grew up a barefoot kid in Port Stephens and have Game Fished there extensively, it's do-able from Coffs Harbour so if there is a gathering please allow me to invite myself?

Not a problem mate. We (or at least me) will be there when the whales come. It will be a bit of a juggle getting weather, whales and work to allign but Port Stephens will be the ideal spot to head out an capture the competition winning photo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next