Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:15 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

She is happier with the tramps installed. Improves sailing performance, gives us a lot more room and a place to stretch out.
If you do not own the trampolines you should buy them as soon you can - worth it big time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mate; when I ordered My TI and also ordered the tramps. Can hardly wait :!:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:40 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Paul67 wrote:
Mate; when I ordered My TI and also ordered the tramps. Can hardly wait :!:

You willl love them. The boat is 3x bigger now. So cool. Now, need to get spray skirts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:54 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I really like the tramps once underway. they do increase the setup time a tad - it's somewhat harder to enter the fore cockpit with the tramps on, and since that cockpit has been claimed by my wife I have to put the tramp on one side, let wife into cockpit, then put tramp on other side (and reverse for the return). Once wife gets into cockpit she wants to go immediately, but fastening the final tramp while underway is problematic.

I sort of have to juggle keeping the boat in the right position to get access to fasten the tramp straps while in waist-deep water. Depending on the conditions at launch this process takes a bit longer than it should.

If only the mast were stronger I could put both tramps on whilst on land and then hoist wife into fore cockpit. Any alternate ideas for wife deployment system are welcomed!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:17 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Wives; they are all the same :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I would say that she should just sit on the tramps while getting underway. Latter if she feels the need to be seated she can move around.
Clearly you would have to sell it better that a used car salesman sells a bomb car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

TxYackMan, I've got the TI, and a beautiful wife, so when I get the tramps (on back-order) I'll have something far better to video than my ugly mug! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

LOL.

It is easier to get underway now. I get in, she hops onto the Tramp and away we go. And once underway, she can move about or get into the seat.

Going for a swim is easier to, cause I can climb back into the boat via the Ama to tramp.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yep, I think it may be better to assemble the tramps on land and get the wife to stay on them while getting underway. Now to convince the wife. I think maybe I'll start with something like "under no circumstances should you just stay on the tramps while we are getting underway". That might work :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:41 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm sure it is not your intention to alienate the women sailors in your Hobie on-line community, but rather enjoy some light humor. As an avid and accomplished sailor with her own Hobie kayak (and I am not the only one out here) reading these posts did offend me (I wasn't sure if you were talking about your partners or your pets!). Our partners, who join us on our tandems, either love sailing or they go out to participate in something that we love which is very generous of them, don't you think?

Feathercraft Big Kahuna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:19 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

ddrury wrote:
I'm sure it is not your intention to alienate the women sailors in your Hobie on-line community, but rather enjoy some light humor. As an avid and accomplished sailor with her own Hobie kayak (and I am not the only one out here) reading these posts did offend me (I wasn't sure if you were talking about your partners or your pets!). Our partners, who join us on our tandems, either love sailing or they go out to participate in something that we love which is very generous of them, don't you think?

Nope not my intention at all, if you are talking to me.
My wife loves sailing and can sail the boat, she prefers to hang out on the tramps. That was the point of the post. Nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I share all my posts with my wife - and then she yells at me :wink:
My wife sails as well, but she has to put up with my sense of humor because she can't get the TI to the water and back by herself, hehehe...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:09 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

ddrury wrote:
...reading these posts did offend me...

Don't let it! I'm sure no-one meant any offense.

My lady is into horses, which isn't a cheap hobby. I've tried, but I just give Sandy cause for a good laugh as I look for the accelerator and the brakes! Hopefully I'll get her out on the TI and convince her it's fun, especially on such a stable platform.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Cindy, too, loves the trampolines we got with the TI (as you can see from all of her videos taken while out on them). They remind her of her younger days out on a small catamaran, only better - since she gets to direct the helmsman on where she wants to go and can enjoy looking at nature and critters along the way.

Chesapeake Bay and Eastern Shore
My sailing blog
Our sailing videos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:34 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

BTW: I like them too.

We can have dinner out on the lake. Reef the sail, and hang out on the tramps on the lake in the evening having a simple dinner. Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:31 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I appreciate the responses. Thank you.
I am drooling over the TI. I have the i14T, which I love for its versatility, but it isn't the sailing boat that the TI is. One day I'll buy one and with trampolines, too :) ...

Feathercraft Big Kahuna