Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Conditions are perfect and, even though I am not far enough along in rehab on a pretty serious knee injury, I have to take advantage. Winds tomorrow will be 12 to 13 knots out of the south; clear skies and mid to high seventies temperature. I know there are a couple of folks, including Keith, who are closer than I am and might be up for an impromptu sail. I doubt Keith can do it due to getting read for his Everglades expedition, but give me a call if you can make it.

Ted (561-964-6065). The cell will be on tomorrow and its (561) 317 -6065

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:45 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Forgot to mention, I will go out of the kayak launch in the park headquarters next to Homestead Marina and sail over to Elliott Key and back. If I had given myself more planning time, I would make camp on Elliott Key and sail back the next day.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:51 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sounds like a good trip, Ted. If I were not readying for my big trip--again--I would join you. It is beautiful, beautiful weather.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:04 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

If I knew where you all were going to end up on Saturday night, I could sail out to meet you. If Pavilion Key, I would sail out in the Potter. If Cape Sable, I would take the AI. Being that Cape sable is exposed, I'd want to be able to pull the boat up onto the beach, and I should be able to handle any peddling that would be involved. If the wind and the knee gave way, I could always break out the paddle.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi Ted,

You may not know, but because of the weather, which was shaping up much like our last (aborted) trip, I have changed directions. We will launch out of Chokoloskee on Tues, Feb 8, and we plan to arrive at Mid Cape on Sunday, Feb 13. We will be up at Graveyard on Saturday night. That schedule probably means we will not be able to get together.

No dates yet, but I planning to do another trip to Pavilion shortly after getting back. It will be a "beginner's trip," but everyone will be invited.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon