Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Last summer after sailing, hopped off the tandem island in the water & cut my foot badly on a broken beer bottle while wearing crocks. Is there a type of water shoe that you wear that can not be cut or penetrated with glass, coral etc..

The UV protectant that you buy from Hobie for the boat, can it be applied to the sail. If not what do you suggest?

We have a Hobie Trailx trailer & we find that when the boat is being transported on it that there does not seem to be enough support from the last cradle to the front of the trailer. Has anyone come up with a way to support the boat while its on the trailer so it does not feel like it is bouncing.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi jepokey. Sorry, can't help you with the first 2 questions but with the TI support, could you mount something like I have done with my cart here....

I have also used this boggie board rubber for my roof racks. Using some 'Unistrut' as my roof racks the profiled rubber slots into the unistrut groove as you can just see in this photo.

I have 4 of these which just slot in under the hull and works perfectly.

Hope this helps. At least it will get the thread back up to the top of the list for you

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:10 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

jepokey wrote:
The UV protectant that you buy from Hobie for the boat, can it be applied to the sail. If not what do you suggest?
Yep! The Hobie protectant or 303 is like sunblock for the hull AND sail. Should last much, much longer using it. I've replaced the clear areas of two +4 year old AI sails that I didn't use it on for the first 3 years.

http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/143/303-products-on-sail-cloth.cfm