Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tandem Island Order
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I ordered my Dune Tandem Island last Saturday only to find out today the sail is back-ordered. Oh well, I waited a few months for the rudder repair before I ordered, so I guess I can wait a little longer for the Dunes proper sail. I also was expecting it in this Friday (10 working days) but was told today it ships this Thursday from California. (I guess they were waiting on the sail)
As long as I have it before the 2nd week in July for my 2-week Destin, Fl vacation I'm Cool!
Now for the good news....the trampoline I heard was back-ordered is already in!!!
Moejay

Post subject: Re: Tandem Island Order
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:58 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Good luck, Moejay. Even though the sails are on back order, you can still enjoy the TI in kayak mode.

In case this helps...

As an early adopter of the TI in the Spring of 2010, we waited anxiously for 6 months for our TI to arrive. It was one of the first TIs off the assembly line. It is definitely worth the wait.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Dealer called yesterday, my TI with the new rudder came in and was told the sail will be in sometime around the 2nd week in June....... No Problem!
I will take delivery when it "all" arrives.
Just as well, I'm working almost every day and the DRY / HOTTER than "Hell Texas Summer" has arrived!
Some how though I don't think staying cool is a problem on a TI!
Moejay

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just launched my new 2011 Dune TI this week in N. Carolina and got the replacement rudder in at the same time. Never used the twist & stow version so I guess I'll never know what earlier TI adopters had to deal with. :mrgreen:

Moejay, check to make sure your long sail batten has a taper on one end otherwise you may encounter what Seppo had recently posted. Thanks to him I checked my batten and sure enough neither end was tapered to fit in the plastic batten stopper. Quick Do It Yourself step fixed that.

Walt A

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Moejay, check to make sure your long sail batten has a taper on one end otherwise you may encounter what Seppo had recently posted. Thanks to him I checked my batten and sure enough neither end was tapered to fit in the plastic batten stopper. Quick Do It Yourself step fixed that.

Walt A[/quote]

Will Do.................... Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Moejay wrote:
Dealer called yesterday, my TI with the new rudder came in and was told the sail will be in sometime around the 2nd week in June....... No Problem!
I will take delivery when it "all" arrives.
Just as well, I'm working almost every day and the DRY / HOTTER than "Hell Texas Summer" has arrived!
Some how though I don't think staying cool is a problem on a TI!
Moejay

Congrats! The wait it tough. I too, ordered mine in Jan 2010 - and had to wait till May to get it. That was a long long wait.

Are you in Texas? If so, where are you located?

I sail quite a bit @Canyon Lake and sometimes Boerne Lake.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:31 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

TxYackMan,

I'm in the Houston Area (Clear Lake). But my best friend lives out by you in Bulverde. (I usually visit once a year) My first few trial runs will be in Clear Lake / Galveston Bay.

My friend and I were on Canyon Lake last summer, riding my "Old School" Wetbikes (other Hobby) . I will at sometime or another have the TI out your way. I'm sure my wife and son would enjoy the TI more on Canyon Lake than dirty ole Galveston Bay.

Moejay

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Moejay wrote:
TxYackMan,

I'm in the Houston Area (Clear Lake). But my best friend lives out by you in Bulverde. (I usually visit once a year) My first few trial runs will be in Clear Lake / Galveston Bay.

My friend and I were on Canyon Lake last summer, riding my "Old School" Wetbikes (other Hobby) . I will at sometime or another have the TI out your way. I'm sure my wife and son would enjoy the TI more on Canyon Lake than dirty ole Galveston Bay.

Moejay

Was there yesterday. See post "Taking on Water". I had a blast!

If you come out this way - let me know - perhaps we can meet-up @Canyon.