Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Please
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am about to purchase either a new or a great priced used Hobie Adventure, the only problem I have is that the used one is an 2008 and wondering if anyone can explain the difference between the two. I know the mirage drive lock system changed, is that good or bad. If there isn't a big difference I will buy the one I found from this individual for $1200. Thanks in advance for all your advice! Any knowledge on the difference would be greatly appreciated...... :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Help Please
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:37 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The new Mirage locking system is stronger and removes another possible column crack (not many, but some did). But, at times the new system releases one side of the Mirage drive causing it to tilt and jam, which can take a few minutes to get it unstuck and back in use. Probably most of the jams are caused by user error (something hitting the release like the heal of a foot) but I know a few people with the new system that wished they had to old one.

I like the new system and have hardly ever had a problem since my Mirage drum shafts were upgraded to the new style so they could not rotate. All V2 drives should have the new shafts.