Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:06 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I'm not sure where you're getting that he did anything wrong. It wasn't damaged in his store. He's actually been working on this for the past two weeks trying to get it to me quicker than normal. He's thrown in complimentary products as well and calls me regularly to update me. I'm not sure what else he could have done. I think he's gone out of his way to keep me satisfied.

It may not have been clear to you, this was shipped from California to his store in Oregon, then shipped to me in Louisiana. 3500 miles in a UPS truck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:34 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Madwand
I'm sure this will work out well for you.
Ok, I freely admit, I'm a spoiled brat (aka: a recycled teenager).

Yet there are reasons why a car dealer washes your car when you take it in for service...it just makes you feel good and more confident when you have laid out a ton of money on the initial purchase.

That car wash may only have cost the dealer less than an hour in labor, yet the spin offs to you (and him) are huge to have you come back...Why? Because you feel the dealer cares about YOU and the product he's sold you.

I'm a firm believer that if more Sales Managers or Dealers had that idea engraved in their heads, any product they sell is enhanced if they have satisfied their customers in their best possible, positive manner.

Considering the bad economy in the States, I'm shaking my head why this letter should even be written??

Bests

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Madwand wrote:
I'm not sure where you're getting that he did anything wrong. It wasn't damaged in his store. He's actually been working on this for the past two weeks trying to get it to me quicker than normal. He's thrown in complimentary products as well and calls me regularly to update me. I'm not sure what else he could have done. I think he's gone out of his way to keep me satisfied.

It may not have been clear to you, this was shipped from California to his store in Oregon, then shipped to me in Louisiana. 3500 miles in a UPS truck.

Madwand
He didn't do anything 'wrong'. Standard procedure is that any dealer takes responsibility for the product before he gives the OK to have it delivered to you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:40 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Trinomite wrote:
He didn't do anything 'wrong'. Standard procedure is that any dealer takes responsibility for the product before he gives the OK to have it delivered to you.

How can he take responsibility for something that doesn't happen for several thousand miles after he sends it to me, before I even tell him it's damaged??? I still think you are not reading the part about him not being in the same state as me...

Trinomite wrote:
Considering the bad economy in the States, I'm shaking my head why this letter should even be written??

So am I. There's no way my dealer can do all that stuff you are saying. Are you missing the point that he's 3500 miles away from me? He could have washed it 4 times before it left for my house and it still would have been filthy when it got here. He's doing what he needs to fix my problem. He called me twice today and the second time was after 6pm-cmt. He's even agreed to do something unconventional I asked him about for the replacement.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ok, I get it
I have misread the fact that you did not order it locally. A lot of dealers have multiple outlets. I mistook your dealer for one of those.
Hoping that all will be resolved ASAP to your satisfaction.

Best Regards and hoping you can get back on the water really soon
Fred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Madwand
If you may need future parts or service, these name and numbers may help:

Masseys Sports Center
509 North Carrollton Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119 Phone: 1-504-648-0292
[email protected] More...
The Backpacker
7656 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70809 Phone: 1-225-925-2667
Da Beach House
2600 Beach Blvd
Biloxi, MS 39531 Phone: 1-228-547-0085

Take care, as I said I'm very sorry to hear about your experience
Fred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Yeah, that Backpacker you posted there was the one I spoke of in another thread that was very unaccommodating. They are the reason I went to the Kayak Shed in Oregon. I was and still am happier to buy out of state (and save tax) than to deal with them and their worn out display model.

Check your private mail.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:34 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I just did a search for Hobie dealers in the New Orleans area. I trust your dealer in OR is trying his best to look after you.

I never met an Oregonian that I didn't like. Love the coffee shops in Portland and their Brew Pubs. Weird maybe, but they almost seem like Canadians....weird, but nice :wink:

Fred

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:51 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

On Friday my dealer told me that he had talked Hobie into shipping my replacement to me directly. That means a much shorter, less damaging trip with fewer transfers. I-10 all the way. They are treating it like a warranty situation.

Could have it by Friday, but I'm not counting on it. Because I am off Fri, Sat and Sunday, that means it won't get here til Monday. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey Madwand
Good to hear this has turned out well for you.
Looks like you'll have your boat almost as fast as you can say:
"Hobie is a great Company to deal with!"
Best Regards
Trinomte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

Madwand wrote:
While I was waiting, I was going to at least instal the Pedal Pad Kit (72020034) I bought from the accessories list, but when I looked at the Mirage drives, it seems they are already on there. Is this something new for the 2012? If not, why do they sell it as if it's something different than what the boat comes with? Another $14 wasted.

FYI... The pedal pads have been standard only for the past few years. The kit is for older boats without pads. You can return the pads to your dealer. They should have caught that one... knowing they are standard.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:45 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I suppose the salesperson who took my emailed part numbers might have noticed I was buying pads and then looked to see if I owned a boat purchased through their store recently. Seems kind of unlikely.

Or maybe it should be stated in the description in the catalog. I bought $1000 worth of Hobie accessories that could have all been potentially useless to me if the catalog description hadn't been accurate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:15 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Woohoo again, I got me a tracking number for Friday delivery, my long weekend off!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:40 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Got it in today after a short wait this time. Except they left off the aka supports and the sail lines and who knows what else, because they didn't send a manual or a packing slip. Does anyone know if they are supposed to come with the cassettes for the empty drive holes? Can anyone tell me if anything else should be there? I have no idea what else is missing. So much for my three day weekend off with my new boat.

Is it my dealers fault again? It came straight from Hobie. At least this time they triple wrapped it in tyvec. Didn't have a scratch on the wrapping this time. Hobie closed early Friday, so I wasn't able to ask them these questions.