Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Got our first TI and am thrilled. Put the official trailex trailer together yesterday to find the tbolts supplied to secure the Hobie cradle on the trailer bar will not fit thru the holes in the cradles. The parts list with the trailer says the bolts are 3/8-16 x 3/4" and indeed the bolts seem to be that size.
That leaves me with the obvious conclusion those are the wrong tbolts for that application and the parts list is wrong, or the holes in the cradle are too small.

thoughts ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I think I had to drill mine out but am not certain, but I did drill holes in the two "wells" that don't have holes so that if any water got in there it would drain back out. So drilling the material is no problem. I also added garden hose washers between the washer/nut and the cradle.

All the T Bolts that I received were the same diameter, only the lengths were different.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:26 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Yep, I made the cradle hole larger - think it was a 3/8 bit. and called Trailex for the longer 1-inch T-bolts (great service)... Like the previous post, I took a 4 in to 4 in rubber drain coupler (coupler used to connect PVC pipe) and cut pieces to fit underneath the cradle - to better cushion the ride.. (drilled holes in the rubber to fit the bolts through).

See pics here:
http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/mm38 ... -200%20AI/