Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:11 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi Oatesy,
Welcome to the new TI owners group, I have not seen many in WA yet.

I am prety sure the allen key with my TI was for the aka brace and also same size for the rudder to hull fitting.

I have seen a few comments from new owners that said the rudder WILL need checking for loose bolts. I did need to tighten the aka bolts after about two months and the rudder bolts. I also found the mast step brace bolts inside the hull needed tightening.

But, I also heard that on the rudder, Hobie may now be using some lock-tite to fix this.

Matmiller may be able to clear this up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Yes Geordie & Tony. It does fit the Aka cross bars. Managed to get about a quarter turn. I didn't check the rudder though. Next time. :wink:

Well I took her out for the maiden voyage this afternoon. Didn't have anyone to go out with, so my first outing was solo -although the dog gave me 'the look', so against my better judgement I took her with me. :roll:

It was all going well. In fact, I was having a fat time. My dog, not so much. After the initial excitement, she just sat there looking like she couldn't wait for it to be over. I wasn't sure if it was because she was getting drenched or the noise of the sail while I played with the trim, but she clearly wasn't having fun. I headed back after a while, and as soon as we got back to shore she jumped off, ran about 20ft, and let loose with a dump that must have dropped her body weight by 10%. Any more and I think her eyeballs would have caved in. :shock:

I rode in the front. I know you guys ride in the back solo, but for my first outing I just wanted the furler and the centreboard nice and close. I've tried it before on a test boat, but that was in light wind. In 15 knots she was a bit bow-heavy, and I'll certainly be sitting in the back seat in future. Lesson learned.

I'd post up a photo of the poor dog sitting in the back, but I've got no idea where I've put the camera. :o

Oatesy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:04 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Ha that is classic, poor dog.
Now you need to fit a special 'dog dunny seat' to the tramps.