OK perhaps it's time to raise the bar a bit with us Islanders.
There have been a couple of threads lately that have made me think that maybe we should have a HOBIE ISLAND BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS thread. I reckon all of us would get into it in one way or another. You have to make up what the record is before it can be broken. They have to start somewhere.
1. Who has the worlds most expensive Island. ( NOHUHU or HALIBU77 )
2. Who in the world has spent the longest period in an Island without touching land. ( Chekika, Stringy or Josh )
3. Who in the world has sailed the furthest distance solo on an Island. ( What was his name who sailed up the east coast of America ? )
4. Who in the world has caught the biggest fish on an Island. ( there may be a good debate over this one )
5. Who in the world owns the longest running thread on the Hobie Island forum ( No guesses who ).
6. Who in the world was the first to film them self in an Island while using a hand held kite. ( I know Tony has done it but was he the first ? )
7. Who in the world was the first to film them self in an Island while using a remote control helicopter. ( I reckon this is up for grabs as I don't think it's been done yet )
8. Who was the first to cross the Equator on an Island.
9. Who has sailed the furthest north on an Island.
And this is where you can stake your own claim........
10. Who has sailed the furthest south on an Island. ( ME )
See, perhaps I wasn't, but the beauty about this is we can make up our own World Records, ie the first in the world to sail an Island under Chesapeake Bay Bridge, then claim to have achieved it either by photo or trust and then others can debate it. Should finish up in a real slagging match
OK, not all Hobie Islanders are on this forum, but this just proves that they should be.
Fancy claiming any of the above World Records or do you fancy making up a new one ?
Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.