Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2015 AI Sail Info
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:49 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just got off the phone with Hobie tech re two questions re sail for 2015 model AI, regarding composition of the sail material (as I need to make some repairs and repair tape is specific to fabric content) and part number for new larger sail (in case said repair was ultimately unsuccessful). I was unable to find this despite hour plus review of tech material and manuals. Figured someone else might like to know.

Material is 3.8 oz Dacron, referred to as "Dimensions" by sail manufacturer. That was helpful - dacron mending tape easily available in various weights.

The reason I couldn't figure out the correct part number was because there isn't one yet! hahaha... The nice tech support person said "well, we don't have it in the system yet as we figured the sail is so new no one will need one for a while"! Boy do I feel stupid (and careless of course). Anyway, the factory part number is 795485, and when they get around to entering it into the system it will probably have a "01" designation at the end, as the Hobie part numbers consist of 8 digits.

In the meantime, he assures me any dealer can order a new sail by specifying 2015, and the cost will be maybe %10 more than old sail, which hovered around $629 or so.

Meanwhile, found some yellow dacron on Sailrite, along with various useful things like triangular tipped needles for hand sewing and machine sewing (apparently dacron is best sewn with these) and adhesive backed tape. Hope the yellow is a good match....