I currently have a Revolution 13' and I love the kayak, used it a ton last year. I have a daughter who just turned 10 and loves to go fishing with me. I stuck her on the back of the revolution last year and she would be good for about an hour, than she would complain about comfort. Before I make the huge purchase, I have a few question that maybe you guys can help me with.
1. I live about 100 yards from a boat launch, I currently use the cart and walk my revolution over, drop it in the water, load the cart on the back and take off. No problem. If I get the TI, can I leave the sail and amas at home and walk the TI 100 yards by myself? Also, fishing with the TI by myself shouldn't be an issue?
2. Can I wheel the TI on the trailer down to the boat launch, or should I get the grey wheeled cart (big sand tires)?
3. Which trailer do you guys use? The dealer has the hobie trailex trailer, for 1700. I don't mind the price, I'm just wondering if there are better options?
1. If you use the big cart they introduced for the TI, I don't see why you couldn't walk the completely rigged TI 100 yards. No need to leave the sail and amas behind.
2. I am a bit confused here. My TI lives on its trailer snd I normally launch at the local boat ramp, although there are some places where I can back the trailer right to the water's edge and slide it off. Retrieving requires a bit of muscle to lift the bow up onto the rear roller.
3. Can't help you there unless you are located in Australia, where I can point you at seversl good alternatives. (BTW adding your location to your profile can help people local to you)
Congratulations though, you won't regret your TI!