I currently have a Revolution 13' and I love the kayak, used it a ton last year. I have a daughter who just turned 10 and loves to go fishing with me. I stuck her on the back of the revolution last year and she would be good for about an hour, than she would complain about comfort. Before I make the huge purchase, I have a few question that maybe you guys can help me with.
1. I live about 100 yards from a boat launch, I currently use the cart and walk my revolution over, drop it in the water, load the cart on the back and take off. No problem. If I get the TI, can I leave the sail and amas at home and walk the TI 100 yards by myself? Also, fishing with the TI by myself shouldn't be an issue?
2. Can I wheel the TI on the trailer down to the boat launch, or should I get the grey wheeled cart (big sand tires)?
3. Which trailer do you guys use? The dealer has the hobie trailex trailer, for 1700. I don't mind the price, I'm just wondering if there are better options?
1. If you use the big cart they introduced for the TI, I don't see why you couldn't walk the completely rigged TI 100 yards. No need to leave the sail and amas behind.
2. I am a bit confused here. My TI lives on its trailer snd I normally launch at the local boat ramp, although there are some places where I can back the trailer right to the water's edge and slide it off. Retrieving requires a bit of muscle to lift the bow up onto the rear roller.
3. Can't help you there unless you are located in Australia, where I can point you at seversl good alternatives. (BTW adding your location to your profile can help people local to you)
Congratulations though, you won't regret your TI!
2012 Tandem Island "SIC EM"www.scenefromabove.com.au