Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:49 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I went out yesterday with my TI and used my new Hobie livewell for the first time. I set it up as the manual said but was having issues. Looking for advice and improvement others have made.

First it doesn't fit properly on the back of the kayak. The rod holders sit on the rear hatch lid which is angled so the livewell doesn't sit flat on the kayak. It is floating from two points of contact. The website states that the AI needs an adapter kit but nothing about the TI.

My second issue was fishing in the kelp it kept getting clogged. Every time this happened I cleared the line and then had to start moving again to re-prime the pump. I've read that some people have put bulb primers inline as well as modifying the inlet to have a mesh to prevent clogging.

Third issue was the main sheet line kept getting caught on the rod holders. Is the best way to fix this with a roll bar and run the line over that?

Could those that have improved on this livewell post pictures as to how you got this working properly on your TI