Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2014 AI or wait...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Tex, I would advise finding a new fishing buddy. Preferably a supermodel.

Or buy a TI.

Or both. 8)

Last edited by NOHUHU on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:17 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Tex - sorry to see you missed the bargain on that AI - these boats usually sell quickly. The number of people who buy an AI first and then realize later they want to upgrade to an AI because they have buddies, girlfriends, wives or kids/family that want to go out too is quite high. The TI will give you much greater options (fishing or just sailing) particularly if you want to take a buddy out with you, so given what you have told us including the load you might carry a TI should probably be your first choice if you can afford it. The worst that can happen is you later decide to downgrade to an AI after some time. These boats hold their value very well (unless you pay too much for a used one) due to demand. By the way with the release of the improved 2015 AI's and Ti's which will also carry higher price tags there are likely to be some good deals on recent model used TI's once they are released which I think is December.
It sounds like you are located in Texas - if were in Southern CA I could connect you to a guy selling his hardly used 2012 TI on a trailer for about $2000 under retail (with trailer) but my guess is you are too far away to do anything about that so keep looking and when you see a bargain - act quickly (but don't buy sight unseen LOL) !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sorry been a little busy. Again thanks for the responses, I think ill save up for a TI, in the end it will be my new business partner and I fishing when he has the time away from his family. Once the new 2015 comes out I think Ill try both the new and old to see if the price difference is worth it for me, we'll see.