Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

No issues, but we have been doing our normal process of pre-production testing. We simply put off finishing the AI and TI models until now, because we couldn't do it all by September 1st. Again, we bit off a LOT and knew it and planned these to be delayed.

Production had been planned to start in December for a long time now. It is easy for dealers to confuse that with available to them at the time we start production, but they all can't all be first in line. It takes time to fill the pipeline and we have a lot of dealers.

Fyi... our kayak production is now sold out through March 2015. We are not accepting orders for shipping until April now, so if a dealer was not in early...

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Roller wrote:
I also saw the video on youtube, a release date of September was definitely mentioned.

The video was from a dealer trade show. The release was September 1st for consumer information.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Any idea when we might see actual pictures of the TI instead of photo shop pictures?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:07 am 
Site Admin

I'd guess December or January after the production starts and boats hit dealers. Fyi... I'm told that everything is looking good to start production soon on both the AI and TI.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:51 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

mmiller wrote:
I'd guess December or January after the production starts and boats hit dealers. Fyi... I'm told that everything is looking good to start production soon on both the AI and TI.

That's great news Matt! Thanks for the update.

• Trampolines
  • Hobie cover
  • Davis Spar Fly
  • Kayakbob's Sprayskirts
  • Spine Board Hakas

Post subject: AI2015 Delay
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I've just been told by my dealer that Hobie has pushed back the delivery date from Dec 15 to Jan 15. No explanation offered.

My advice: Don't put your older AIs on the market too soon.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

Post subject: Re: AI2015 Delay
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Wonder if they will push the TI deliveries too. Not that it matters, even if they don't deliver my new TI until April, it will still be too cold in Nebraska to do any sailing. Matt might have a little insight if there is a delay.

• Trampolines
  • Hobie cover
  • Davis Spar Fly
  • Kayakbob's Sprayskirts
  • Spine Board Hakas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:22 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

mmiller wrote:

Hi Matt so would I be correct in thinking we will expect delivery late Febuary for us here in Australia?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Seems logical.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject: Re: AI2015 Delay
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Molds are nearly complete I am told, but not yet ready for production. There appears to be some hardware supplier delays (may be also caused by late changes to designs) that are stalling production. Since we have a short month due to holiday shut down, Mid January is likely the conservative answer for first delivery possibility to a (USA) dealer... but just a guess.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:38 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks Matt, appreciate the update.

Cheers, Bob.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hogman wrote:
xdcammer wrote:
I sold my 2013 AI "Crazy Horse" 2 months ago as I wanted to get the best price before the market was flooded by second hand hulls.

That's the reason I sold mine as well.

Now we see the writing on the wall Hogman. There sure are quite a few AI's for sale and the deals are getting cheaper and cheaper. Never seen so many 2nd hand hulls on the market. I just saw a fully pimped 2011 (in outstanding condition, I know this boat) with skipper seat, HDI 5, tramps, cradles, and trailer with 9 months rego for under the price of a new 2014 AI.
There are sure going to be some very happy buyers in the 2nd hand market. Happy I sold mine when I did, even if it means I have to wait 6 months boatless.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:49 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

xdcammer wrote:
Hogman wrote:
xdcammer wrote:
I sold my 2013 AI "Crazy Horse" 2 months ago as I wanted to get the best price before the market was flooded by second hand hulls.

That's the reason I sold mine as well.

Now we see the writing on the wall Hogman. There sure are quite a few AI's for sale and the deals are getting cheaper and cheaper. Never seen so many 2nd hand hulls on the market. I just saw a fully pimped 2011 (in outstanding condition, I know this boat) with skipper seat, HDI 5, tramps, cradles, and trailer with 9 months rego for under the price of a new 2014 AI.
There are sure going to be some very happy buyers in the 2nd hand market. Happy I sold mine when I did, even if it means I have to wait 6 months boatless.

Or it could be that some will regret selling the old AI for a heavier AI (2015), under certain conditions. I myself am a happy camper to get a sweet deal on a lightly used 2014 TI, cheaper than I paid for my 2014 AI, new. Now I'll have the best of both worlds. Solo light, or heavy solo/dos, depending on the conditions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mark, I suspect it is wishful thinking that a 2014 AI will be slower in any conditions. I suspect that the extra sasil area will more than compensate for any extra weight. It will be fun finding out but! :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:54 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Tony, the specs I see indicate there is about a 13% increase in sail area of the 2015 models over earlier models. The weight increase is 23%. Of course, There are other factors: the new amas, the forward location of those amas, the higher mast.

So, I'm wondering how the 2015 will sail compared to previous models. I certainly hope faster, but I'm not so sure.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next