Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:59 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Roller wrote:
Ok I've contacted my Hobie dealer they dont know if AI's are on route or not , could somebody from Hobie please tell me one way or another if any 2015 Adventure Islands are currently in transit to Australia as we speak, I don't think its much to ask since I placed an order in September and gave a deposit and was first told to expect delivery in December then January and now Febuary or even March. Thanks Roller

I'm with you roller. Pre ordered mine in August. Now fully paid for.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:29 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hogman wrote:
Roller wrote:
Ok I've contacted my Hobie dealer they dont know if AI's are on route or not , could somebody from Hobie please tell me one way or another if any 2015 Adventure Islands are currently in transit to Australia as we speak, I don't think its much to ask since I placed an order in September and gave a deposit and was first told to expect delivery in December then January and now Febuary or even March. Thanks Roller

I'm with you roller. Pre ordered mine in August. Now fully paid for.

The mob from Brisbane are as much in the dark as we are I THINK! I have a feeling it could be March or even April before we see them :(

Anyway all we want to know from Hobie USA is are Aussie AI's ( pre ordered in many cases) in a container or route yes or no?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:52 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Wooo hooo! My dealer here in Omaha just let me know today that they got an AI and a TI in and my name has been placed on the TI in their warehouse. Now just waiting on spring to come. They also mentioned that they were still waiting on more of their order to arrive as well. So, good news for us in the US as it seems the stock is finally starting to trickle out. Wish I had some better news for our Australian and UK brothers.

• Trampolines
  • Hobie cover
  • Davis Spar Fly
  • Kayakbob's Sprayskirts
  • Spine Board Hakas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:59 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

TI_Tom wrote:
Wooo hooo! My dealer here in Omaha just let me know today that they got an AI and a TI in and my name has been placed on the TI in their warehouse. Now just waiting on spring to come. They also mentioned that they were still waiting on more of their order to arrive as well. So, good news for us in the US as it seems the stock is finally starting to trickle out. Wish I had some better news for our Australian and UK brothers.

Lucky you.
Now you have to wait for spring. Here in Australia we are in the middle of perfect summer sailing weather and no AI.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Roller wrote:
Anyway all we want to know from Hobie USA is are Aussie AI's ( pre ordered in many cases) in a container or route yes or no?

As I have said before... I have no specific information on what is shipped and to where. Stay in contact with your dealer for the latest available information.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just returned from my dealer in New Orleans, my new estimated date of arrival for an ivory dune 2015 TI is "very early February." Hopefully it'll be here in time to practice for my Venice, LA to Dauphin Island, AL run...

UNIONS! :evil:

Thanks for all the updates Matt! Tough situation for the go-to guy on the forums.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:45 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

mmiller wrote:
Roller wrote:

As I have said before... I have no specific information on what is shipped and to where. Stay in contact with your dealer for the latest available information.

Hi Matt I'm really sorry to keep on about this but I've called my dealer he has no idea if a container full of AI's and TI's is on the way or not! And again sorry to repeat the question but somebody your end must know if a batch of Hobies have been made for Australia and are in a container in transit or not. I'm not asking about specific peoples kayaks just are there some on route. Thanks Roller

P.S I fully appreciate the delays caused by the dockers, that is not the issue as its out of everyones hands

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Roller wrote:
mmiller wrote:
Roller wrote:

Hi Matt I'm really sorry to keep on about this but I've called my dealer he has no idea if a container full of AI's and TI's is on the way or not! And again sorry to repeat the question but somebody your end must know if a batch of Hobies have been made for Australia and are in a container in transit or not. I'm not asking about specific peoples kayaks just are there some on route. Thanks Roller

P.S I fully appreciate the delays caused by the dockers, that is not the issue as its out of everyones hands

Hi Roller, I will try to help out. No full containers of AI's are on the way to Australia. Your dealer Sunstate Hobie knows this. Right now we are having port issues in the USA, which your dealer is aware of. We have had port issues since December 5th, which your dealers is aware of. This week, we find out if the containers coming to Australia make it on a ship or not. We keep in touch with dealers weekly.
I will keep in touch with your dealers with the status of Hobie product coming to Australia. The supply of AI/TI to anywhere in the world has been delayed.
I have told all dealers to advise customers to expect a limited March onwards supply date. If we can land them here sooner, we will.

http://www.hobiecat.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:41 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks Steve for your reply. So a consignment of AI's has been made and your just waiting for shipping confirmation?

Last edited by Roller on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Roller wrote:
Thanks Steve for your reply. So a consignment of AI's has been made and your just waiting for shipping confirmation?

Hi Roller, if we can get product on a ship, then we will have Hobie product (all kayak models) on the way to Australia. At this stage only a handful of AI/TI products would be headed this way in the short term. From March onwards we will see an increase in the supply of AI/TI products for our region. We have advised dealers this. From this post onwards, you will need to speak to your dealer as to supply.
I thank you for your patience and rest assured that the Hobie Company is doing what is can to supply product on a global basis.

Best regards

http://www.hobiecat.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:59 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Steve Fields wrote:
Roller wrote:
At this stage only a handful of AI/TI products would be headed this way in the short term. From March onwards we will see an increase in the supply of AI/TI products

I orderd mine in September, I'll be extremely disappointed if mines not amongst them.. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Dear Roller and Hogman,
This last few months has been extremely difficult for all Hobie dealers, due to the now, well-known issues of supply of new 2015 models of all Hobie kayaks. Actual production was delayed for various reasons and now a crane driver's strike has put the icing on the cake. Due to industrial action, there is a container back-log at the port in Long Beach, a container back-log at the Hobie Factory at Oceanside and very little container movement anywhere from West Coast USA. It is now impossible to meet previous expected arrival dates and to give accurate estimates of future arrivals.

I have been kept well up to date with shipping information from Hobie Aust, but alas no firm confirmation has been be given, because still, nothing is certain, due to the massive back-log at the ports in US.
Like you, I am over it also, but I am not clueless. After a number of earlier time setbacks, I have taken the stance of giving no positive information about supply, until it is confirmed. It is not confirmed until the goods are on the way to our premises. This way, we cannot be giving false hope to customers.

I feel your frustration more than you may realize. This delay of product at the busiest time of the year is not good for my business. These delays are out of my hands. I have accepted orders from customers with no absolute guarantee of supply date, but with our usual 100% refund policy.
If you are happy to hang on, thank you for your patience. If not please call me on 07 54937620 to cancel your order and receive a full refund. Keep in mind that you will most likely go back on the end of a waiting list somewhere and probably pay the new increased price which took effect 1st January, before the first ones even arrived.
Regards
Mal Gray
SUNSTATE HOBIE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Mal for your candid response, It's very much appreciated. Fingers crossed for Easter, If later, then i'll get the wetsuit out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:41 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks Mal,having been in businesses for over 25 years I can definitely feel your pain mate. I'm willing to wait after all I dont want to add insult to injury lol and pay a higher price later. I just hope my AI is in the first shìpment, I've spent 7 years dreaming about sailing and fishing from an AI in Hervey Bay just ask Josh Holmes lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:24 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks for the info Mal.
Yes it does get frustrating at times, but well worth the wait. I have now paid for mine in full, and will wait as long as it takes.
Sunstate has always been good to all of us and we understand the situation.
Bloody wharfies. :roll: :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next