Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:46 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks Russ

I'm sure we will catch up at some stage. We spent a lot of time on Lake Mac in the last boat (usually out of Summerland Point or Wangi) so I'm expecting that once I have a new boat I'll be up that way again.

Brad

"Kayaking Bob" Spray Skirts
Trampolines

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
Sorry Tony. Not taking the p_ _ _ at all ( this time ). I missed the word 'breathable' when I read your post. I haven't seen those ones before. Will be interested to read your product review.

I just looked at the radar Stringy. You're right. I don't think I would want to be there at the moment. At least the rain might keep to March flies and mozzies at bay

A review is easy Russ, I first bought a pair 2 years ago, and they are awesome! One error I made however, was underestimating the fragility of the neoprene booties, and without wearing sandals or similar over the booties, I soon inflicted minor cuts on the soles which in due course allowed water to seep inside, never more than an eggcup or so, but enough to dampen anything worn inside.. The new ones will never touch the round...

In on emergency, I have actually swum in them, and they were just fine. The (necessary) included wader belt kept most water out of the legs, and whe I stood up, there was about 10-15 litres trapped above my waist, but only about 1/5 a litre down in my feet.

They are really brilliant in cooler weather, as staying dry and out of the wind reduces the need for other layers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

First of all must apologise to Roller for hijacking this thread. But it just shows it's getting pretty boring here waiting for the new models.

Might have to have a look at those waders Tony. I can see 1 problem though. Getting 'caught short' in a pair of shorts isn't a problem. But waders ?????
But then again, perhaps not a problem, how many litres do you reckon they would hold ?

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Having a raised skipper seat, and given that the waders are extremely flexible (light like skirt material), I have not had any problems in that department, sliding them down to my knees. I have not been able to fill up the Miragedrive hole, if that is what you were asking :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:59 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Slaughter wrote:
First of all must apologise to Roller for hijacking this thread. But it just shows it's getting pretty boring here waiting for the new models.

Might have to have a look at those waders Tony. I can see 1 problem though. Getting 'caught short' in a pair of shorts isn't a problem. But waders ?????
But then again, perhaps not a problem, how many litres do you reckon they would hold ?

No problem buddy, its only a light hearted thread designed to kill time lol. Did I say kill time waiting for a shipment of AI kayaks that may or may not include one for me :D Somebody needs to explain those dockers just how serious the situationiis down here with no AI. I mean we can live without Californian wine and other stuff but not Hobies!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:33 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

For all of you patiently waiting Aussies. Good news!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/23/all-west-coast-ports-running-as-normal-after-labor-deal-reached/?intcmp=latestnews

Looks like the boats will start heading your way shortly.

• Trampolines
  • Hobie cover
  • Davis Spar Fly
  • Kayakbob's Sprayskirts
  • Spine Board Hakas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

The rate things are going, the 2016 models will be released before we even get a chance to view the 2015 AI2 & TI.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:16 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Snakebite1969 wrote:
The rate things are going, the 2016 models will be released before we even get a chance to view the 2015 AI2 & TI.

March the 4th still no light at the end of the tunnel, like the rest of you I'm getting thoroughly fed up with the wait!!!!!!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The latest from ACK is mid March for Austin Texas delivery of a TI.
- C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

"It will take several months for ports such as Los Angeles and Long Beach — the nation's largest — to clear the backlog, which swelled as the two sides quarreled over a new deal."

I must have killed a Chinaman. :roll: