Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey All!
What do you guys think of the Malone MicroSport trailer for hauling around at TI? Anyone using one? We just got our first TI a few weeks ago and it's painfully (literally) obvious that we can't keep topping it on our SUV, so I'm looking at trailers -- specifically one that the tongue can be removed so we can prop the trailer against the wall in our garage. <--- this is a MUST since we live in a townhome and don't have a place to keep a trailer outside.

I know I will have to do some mods to the trailer to make it work well for a TI and would love to hear about them, but also it's viability for long road trips with a TI on it. Our beach place is 300 miles from our townhome so I wonder about the stability and safety of the Malone trailer at interstate speeds with a TI on it.

Thanks all!!
Lance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

LanceH wrote:
Hey All!
What do you guys think of the Malone MicroSport trailer for hauling around at TI? Anyone using one? We just got our first TI a few weeks ago and it's painfully (literally) obvious that we can't keep topping it on our SUV, so I'm looking at trailers -- specifically one that the tongue can be removed so we can prop the trailer against the wall in our garage. <--- this is a MUST since we live in a townhome and don't have a place to keep a trailer outside.

I know I will have to do some mods to the trailer to make it work well for a TI and would love to hear about them, but also it's viability for long road trips with a TI on it. Our beach place is 300 miles from our townhome so I wonder about the stability and safety of the Malone trailer at interstate speeds with a TI on it.

Thanks all!!
Lance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Lance,

My brother has that trailer for his canoe and I will be using for my new TI that I get in Sept. They have a Hobie cradle kit coming soon, so I would contact them before trying to build something custom to fit your TI. The trailer is by far one of the best in it's class.